Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadhead that flies like a field tip? >

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default broadhead that flies like a field tip?

My endless search for such a mythical creature has come up empty,I am thoroughly convinced such a broadhead does not exist.
Every year it`s the same old story-switch the field tips for broadheads and completely resight the bow in.For 3-d I use a hip quiver,.... so yesterday putting the quiver back on the bow and shooting the same arrow with the same 100 grain tipI shot 7 inches low (broadhead) and 2 inches to the left (quiver)
Not a big deal,I`m used to having to go through the entire process before hunting every year.It took me about two hours to shoot bullseyes from 20-70 yards.
On a side note I`ve decided to go with all fixed blades this year as apposed to the expandables I had been using which did drop more slowly but DON`T FLY LIKE A FIELD TIP
Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 AM

Default RE: broadhead that flies like a field tip?

I think Slick Tricks are about the nicest flying bh out there right now. Very durable and exceptionally accurate. I also just tried the Tight Point Shuttle T-Lock, also a very nice bh that flies very true. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Every bow I have owned has been able to be tuned to shoot broadheads with the same point of impact as fieldtips. That inclueds several different brands of bows and broadheads. Something on your bow has to be a bit off to cause that much of a problem. Moving the pins for broadheads just masks the tuning issues.Also check arrow spine etc.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I am shooting field tips and broadheads (muzzy phantom 220gr/no bleeder)to the same spot out to 45 yards.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM

I think that you should tune your bow.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

It`s not a tuning problom,my bowtech is paper tuned on a regular basis,I shoot with a knowledgable crowd.
Its scientificly imposible for something cutting more wind not to fall as fast as something cutting less wind,this is the whole theory behind thinner arrows such as easton axis-they were supposed to gain fps,try shooting a a broadhead with a 4 inch wingspan some time,I have and let me tell ya they dont go far
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

It`s not a tuning problom
I'm no expert.....but if your BH's and FP's are the same weight......"I'd" say 7" WAS a tuning problem.

My .02
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

It seemed a bit much to me too,Its been a few months so I guess I could take it over to vapor trails.
But it`s always been the same thing every year,I have yet to see a bow sighted for field tips and no quiver,then shoot the same with broadheads and a quiver.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

It seemed a bit much to me too,Its been a few months so I guess I could take it over to vapor trails.
But it`s always been the same thing every year,I have yet to see a bow sighted for field tips and no quiver,then shoot the same with broadheads and a quiver.
You keep talking about this quiver, i really dont think is effects arrow flight at all unless you hold the bow diferently.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

How do the broadheads shoot without the quiver on? If the bow is tuned, it should shoot both the same without the quiver. I have not seen a quiver make that extreme of a difference but I am shure its possible.

Quick Reply: broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.