Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why are we losing the war? >

Why are we losing the war?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are we losing the war?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why are we losing the war?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

they have an unexplainable instinct
You got it Brian!! They have a will to live 100,000 times more then any human could ever come close to. The mighty Whitetail deer is an unbelievable animal, they deserve much more respect then allot of hunters give them!
Shultzy, I give them their respect. Heck, I've been known to walk out of the woods and give the deer I'm hunting their props on my way back to the truck. Especially on closing evening. But, I always let them know I will be back also. I can't explainthe amount of respect that runs through my soul for these animals.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

You got it Brian!! They have a will to live 100,000 times more then any human could ever come close to. The mighty Whitetail deer is an unbelievable animal, they deserve much more respect then allot of hunters give them!
Shultzy, I give them their respect. Heck, I've been known to walk out of the woods and give the deer I'm hunting their props on my way back to the truck. Especially on closing evening. But, I always let them know I will be back also. I can't explainthe amount of respect that runs through my soul for these animals.
I know you do 2 Lunger! You can tell by how some people post in these forums in the amount of respect they have for these whitetails. Some of the comments are unbelievable. I'm sure you've seen them a few times on here. I've given them a shout out a few times as well on the last day of the season usually saying "alright you SOB's, you beat me again"!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

I know you do 2 Lunger! You can tell by how some people post in these forums in the amount of respect they have for these whitetails. Some of the comments are unbelievable. I'm sure you've seen them a few times on here. I've given them a shout out a few times as well on the last day of the season usually saying "alright you SOB's, you beat me again"!
Ya it usually starts with me me shaking my head and raising my old PSE and giving a hoop and holler and telling them its been a hell of a season! Deer and bowhunting is what fuels my fire and I respect them for everything that they are!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 AM

Deer have been around a lot longer then mankind. Living in the same house for hundreds of years. As said in a previous post, we are darn lucky we win any battles. But like all, we taste victory just once, or see someone else taste it, we are determined to keep trying, bc we know there is a Chance we could possibly win one more battle.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Planets HAVE to line up for us to be successful. Here's what has to happen:

Speaking strictly bowhunting

1. You have to have such an animal in the woods you have access to. if they aren't there....you can not kill them even if everything else (including you being a great hunter) doesn't line up in your favor.
2. You have to be in the woods when he walks by your stand.
3. He has to walk by your stand.
4. He has to walk within bow range of you.
5. You need to remain undetected both before and during your draw sequence.
6. He has to offer you a legitimate, ethical shot.
7. You have to execute said shot.

Now.....what are the odds that a particular deer.....(much less a particular CLASS deer) comes down THAT trail....on THAT day.....and offers you THE shot?

The odds go up as the number of (_______ class) deer in your area is/are lowered. But whatever they are......the odds are NOT in your favor.

Jim's correct. There's a helluva lotta luck involved......moreso for some, than others.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya saok it all in before you get to the field and get dropped because you looked to long at the dumb as in the tree with a weapon
ORIGINAL: Germ

They area prey animal, they were design by nature to be eaten by predators. The same nature that design them to be food, also gave them an instinct to survive.

If you werethe main course for predators for millions of years, you might walk a little slower through the woods
Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

ya saok it all in before you get to the field and get dropped because you looked to long at the dumb as in the tree with a weapon
Huh?!?!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was talking from the deer prospective
ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Huh?!?!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya soak it all in before you get to the field and get dropped because you looked to long at the dumb ass in the tree with a weapon
Huh?!?!
I don't feel good about being able to decipher this.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ya soak it all in before you get to the field and get dropped because you looked to long at the dumb ass in the tree with a weapon
Huh?!?!
I don't feel good about being able to decipher this.
Oooh! Now I get it. I read it at least 20 times and couldn't deciper it. Sorry.

I may be slow, but I'll have you know right now, I am not very fast!