Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Please help, im losing it! >

Please help, im losing it!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Please help, im losing it!

Old 11-16-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Please help, im losing it!

Ive been missing deer and its making me not want to hunt anymore, anyone got any words of encoragment, i mean, i dont even want to hunt this season.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Please help, im losing it!

What do you mean by " missing deer" ? Are you missing shots at deer, or do you mean you' re not seeing any deer? Either way, preparation is the key.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:17 PM

0/10, missing deer, shooting and missing, @ ranges and anywhere else i can put a hole in a soda can from 100 yards out.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:17 PM

when i first started hunting i shot a cheap bow with no sights i really ejoyed hunting and i missed 5 bucks so my wife bought me a relly nice bow and practiced alot now i havent missed yet knock on wood keep your spirits up and practice and youll be happy with the results
Old 11-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

its called buck fever and the deer does not even have to be a buck practice staying calm when you get one in range dont know how to tell you to do but its the nerves doing it to you
Old 11-16-2003, 06:02 PM

YOu ought to consider buying a range finder. I am sure you can find one relatively cheap. I am an excellent shooter, but not so good at guessing how far things are so I bought one, and things have gone quite well every since!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:07 PM

thanks for the feedback peeps
Old 11-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Spike

My son had the same problem years ago. At the range he couldn' t miss but in the woods he could not hit a deer at 10 yards with a hand full of peas. Weather it was at a buck or a doe he got so excited that he was not concentrating on the shot. I thougt him to take a big breath hold it and squeeze the trigger. It helped him consentrate to the point that he was no longer pulling his shot. Problem solved with that. Not he is more accurate in the woods than at the range.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:05 PM

I' ve missed my share of shots. It' s the close ones that get ya.

Just think about the distance. If you can' t get a range finder, try marking you hunting area with, tape or scent wicks at 25, 35, 50, 75, 100yds. That should take some of the guessing out of the bullet drop.
Also, don' t rush your shot. Sit back and watch the deer for a while. He might come in closer, or do something odd. It all adds up, and befor you know it the buck fever has passed, and you are relaxed enough to think straight.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:26 AM

WYH, My first year out I had the same problem. No matter how far or close they were, I' d miss! Gave some thought to just throwing the bow at them and hope it knocked them out! Then I gave it some thought as to what I was doing wrong.....
I drew, I took a deep breath, I released, and I followed through. BINGO! That was the trouble all along, Buck Fever or whatever you want to call it. I was dropping the bow immediatley after releasing the arrow. I mean the minute I released....I wanted to see where the arrow hit! When I dropped my bow, it chnged the direction of flight on the arrow! Now I don' t drop the bow, because I know where it' s going to hit. I wait for the Deer to react from the arrow before dropping my bow.
Like the other folks have said " get a range finder" make sure of your distance and do it!
You KNOW you can hit want you want.......Now DO IT!

Quick Reply: Please help, im losing it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.