Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blinds

Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Default Ground Blinds

I plan on hunting with a ground blind this year in an area where i can't find a good tree to hang a stand. I have a few questions on how to make this work!

how to brush it in?
what to use to brush it in?
what type of broadhead would you shoot through the mesh and how accurate is the arrow flight?

The blind i have is the ameristep doghouse blind.

Thanks

[/align]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Ground Blinds

ok, well i dont know about accuracy but saftey wise the only broadhead to shoot through mesh is a fixed blade, really in my opinion use anybrush you can find and if you cant find any find a couple of trees and kind set it up so it is kinda hidden. hope that helps.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Fixed blade is the way to go. My father & I have shot 3 times thru the screen on a Doghouse, w/ Montec broadheads, and the arrow goes right thru like it wasnt there, pretty cool.
Use what ever you can to brush it in, like Miller said. Use what is around so it blends in w/ the natural cover that is in your immediate location.
Good Luck!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM

so if i use brush that is around that area how do i brush it in without collapsing the blind? what you guys say will help a lot.. thanks

Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd definitely stick with fix blades, and if shooting through the screen I would keep the shots within 25 yards. If longer shots are expected I'd have a way to open the port completely (void of screen). Use something natural to brush it in. Setting it back under an overhanging limb is ideal. I think the top line is the most important one to hide and that's a simple way to do just that.

Dan
Old 06-17-2008, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

so if i use brush that is around that area how do i brush it in without collapsing the blind? what you guys say will help a lot.. thanks
the blind shouldnt collapse, your blind is like mine just a different brand it will be fine.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I've done and plan on doing again this year is set the blind under a tree then find a bunch of branches that are on the ground or I'll even cut some and just totally surround the blind with them. Exception of your door. Then I'll get in the blind and with some trimmers cut out the shooting lanes. Almost looks like a big tree pile. Hides the blind real well.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 AM

i like to build a log type csbin blind out of downed threes stumps branches or whatever and itd free
Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you look at the doghouse blind and probably about all the rest of them youll notice some ties on the outside on the corners, this will help you tie what ever you want to the blind for blending in. Alos if you keep the mesh tight in the doghouse you can shoot pretty much any broadhead throught it. I do not recomend any mechanicals through the mesh though. Other than that, use what ever is around the area to blend it in. I love my dog house blind.