Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 O.k. Lets say... >

O.k. Lets say...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

O.k. Lets say...

Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O.k. Lets say...

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

ORIGINAL: Sport4

A buddy of mine invited me to go hunt woods next to a golf course. I accepted the invite. When I get there though I start having mixed feelings because the woods I see is a little 3 acre patch that is right on the golf course. We were there way before sunset and it was hot. I was watching people golf from my stand. Also I was thirsty so when nobody was around I ran to the 3rd holes tee box and got a drink from the water jug there. After that it didn't feel right so I just decided to go up to the clubhouse and get something to eat while I was at it. I went back on stand just to watch deer and not shoot them unless it were a hog. I haven't gone back since.
Ben we can cook out in his backyard and shoot deer if you would like to![8D]
LOL. That sounds like a great stand, I don't see the problem, drinks, food......you are nuts not to lock it down.[8D]
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

i'd hunt where he said to hunt. after all he's the owner and would know where the deer are at. plus, if you hunt the yard, you don't have to worry about brush or twigs
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I've always been one to want to tread lightly. I don't want to be exposed to neighbors or passerbys or possibly antis living in the area. I'd prefer to be back in the woods at least one row of trees. You can hunt the corner of his yard in most cases and be 10 yards back and still accomplish the task. If you can be on the edge without drivebys seeing you, well you might want to listen to the guy. He's been watching these deer for a long time and knows where they show up. Heck, Len has this one place to hunt where he had a stand overlooking the neighbors pool. He'd climb up in his stand while crop damage hunting and watch the guys wife and hottie daughter sun bathe. LOL It was a neighbor. He made contact with the neighbor and told him we'd be in there helping the farmer. The guys said, sure put a stand up there, they come out everyday and eat my flowers. LOL
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats funny stuff David!!