Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 O.k. Lets say... >

O.k. Lets say...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

O.k. Lets say...

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O.k. Lets say...

I'm not sure I'd like hunting the edge of the yard. But if he wants you to thats his think. If he's ok with you hunting the rest of the property I would hang other stands as well. If I hung one near the yard it would be in the woods some not directly on the yard. Eight acres doesn't seem like alot but if the habitat around is good the small plots like that can produce some nice deer. Check out my Avatar. That buck was shot on 12 acres and there sure isn't 8 total acres of woods on that property. The surounding area is good though. Bigger lots mostly.

So do whatever he allows but don't expect the small area to be a totaly easy hunt. Scout the woods and figure out better what the deer are doing and then go after them. They may be in the yard but hang up 30 yards in the woods for a while before comming out... I see the yard no different than a food plot. After all thats why they go to the yard.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I'll sit in the yard.........hell I'll sit on his kid's swingset.

(I aint proud)
I'm with this yahoo! I shot my buck 2 years ago exactly 100 yards from some guy's back door. I know because I ranged it from my stand. I used to watch him come out and walk his dog in the morning, then watch the school bus pick up the neighbor kids, etc. It definitely detracted from the whole experience during slow times, but it certainly didn't take away from the adrenaline rush of putting an arrow through a nice buck. I say go for it!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

What are you concerned about? Why WOULDN'T you?

I have two bucks on my wall that were shot in a 5 acre woodlot that abutts a 230 ac parks system. The most touted big buck killer on this site kills 'em out of a stand of about 12 acres of woods off a 36 acre tract.

I've always said..."hunt 'em where they are". If that's where they are....that's where I'd hunt. I woudn't think twice about it.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt where the deer are. I don't care where that puts me.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow, Jim....great minds, huh?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if we are equally smart or equally dumb, but let's go with the previous just for arguments sake
Old 06-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is hunting Verne. We are coming into an age where deer are losing a lot of habitat and adjusting to urban terrain. As hunters we must welcome change and learn to adapt to a newer urban hunting style. I often sit 120 yards from a back porch and watch the kids on the trampoline when the hunting is slow at one spot. In the end we are hunting regardless of terrain, if you can sit in a hot tub on a deck and shoot a buck then more power to you!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

if you can sit in a hot tub on a deck and shoot a buck then more power to you!!
AHHHH, the ultimate outdoor experience
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: racewayking

if you can sit in a hot tub on a deck and shoot a buck then more power to you!!
AHHHH, the ultimate outdoor experience
I got a great email last year with a guy sitting in a hot tub overlooking a nice spot. He had a rifle and possibly something we don't condone drinking while hunting and was relaxing. MECHDOC and I were checking cameras the other day and I asked the landowner if I could hunt in his hot tub as a joke, and he said that most deer cross right in from of the tree house so all he would have to do is move it there. As MECHDOC is my witness he was serious about the offer
Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

I've been in the woods about 75 yrds from a house and watched a nice buck eating grass from the yard within easy range of my truck for an hour, so yes, I would hunt where he sees the buck.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: O.k. Lets say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.