Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ok, lets get to know each other >

ok, lets get to know each other

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok, lets get to know each other

Old 06-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ok, lets get to know each other

i have seen a TON of new faces around on the bowhunting forum lately.
lets just get to meet some new people

im rory, from missouri
im 15
i love to hunt, play baseball, and party

ive been bowhunting seriously for about 2 years, but i have been out there with a bow in my hand learning for about 4. never killed one with a bow, im willing to bet that comes this fall though

i love to deer hunt, but behind deer isa close second, in turkey. i have killed5 of them suckers in 6 years of hunting them, that equals a ton of great memories with my dad and brother.

i have been deer hunting 8 years, and killed 6 of them. the biggest coming this past fall. i try to learn as much as i can about them, to help me become a more successful, and ethical hunter. which is one of the reason i signed up on here.

i also like to waterfowl hunt, and have killed more ducks and snow geese han most of my dads hunting buddies. i guess it helps that my dads a waterfowl guide in the bootheel of missouri. only killed a couple of canadas, as they dont tend to cooperate down here as well as they do up north

looking forward to meet some new people hopefully in this thread
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ok, lets get to know each other

I'm Kamil from New York 23 years old...I like long walks on the ....j/k....I've been Bowhunting for about 2 years now and I'm hooked. I don't know if I will ever rifle hunt seriously thanks to bowhunting.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm Curtis from Texas...I am 35 and live to bowhunt (aside from family)....I have been bowhunting since I was 22 as well as a serious 3_D competitor, however in the last 5 years I haven't shot 3-D seriously, I have just been shooting for fun....My oldest daughter is 7 and has a little cheap bow that she enjoys shooting, my wife has a descent compound that she shoots as well....It's a family thing....I gun hunted last year for the first time since 1996 and the only reason I sat with a rifle was b/c my daughter wanted to hunt with me..>We tried the double bull and a bow but she wasn't quite ready...Maybe this year....
Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi I'm BobCo19-65, I'm very well known for my bluer then bluebluejeans :

Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM

Im tony from md. i'm 33yrs. old married 2 children 12 and 11. I,ve been bowhunting since i was 10yrs. old. pretty much taught myself and never looked back,it is my passion i love it. didn't take my first deer until i was 14,a nice 5pt. since i have 3 p&y. 1317/8, 1421/4,and my biggest last yr.1561/8. stay persistant its my best advice.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh what the heck...

I'm Steven, 19, I live in PA, but I'm going to school in New Hampshire for Civil Engineering. I've been into archery for 9 years and have been hunting since then as well. My favorite types of hunting are Archery, Flintlock Muzzleloaders, and Woodchucks. I enjoy all types of hunting however and spend ample time doing all of them. Hunting to me is more about the experience than the kill.

I shoot for UNH's Archery Team and won the New England Regional Collegiate Championships this past spring as a freshman, but shooting spots is just a way to practice for deer season.

My girlfriend and I at the shoot...she won her division as well.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

DT do they even make face masks that will fit that melon of yours.[:-]
Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm Jeff, from North Carolina
I'm43
I llove being a husband, a father, a businessman...and hunting is my hobby.

I've been bowhunting seriously for about 2.5 years. My first season ('05) saw me take only one ill-advised shot. I had no idea of what I was doing......and I probably shouldn't have been in a tree with a weapon.

Through the teachings of MANY, MANY of the members here.....I connected with my first whitetail (7-point buck) on Sept. 30th, 2006. I ended up taking 4 more deer that year....including a piebald and my first "wall-hanger" (8-point, 106+"). I followed up that season with a 9 deer season in '07 that was highlighted by a 4.5yr old/103" buck I had seen in my previous 2 seasons....but couldn't seal the deal on. He's with my previous 8-pointer on the wall, now. He was a great deer, to ME, for many reasons.

I took 2 turkeys via scatter gun, during my days in SC. I recently started bowhunting turkeys and took my first and only in '07. I got skunked in '08 on the birds....but only go tto hunt them 6 times (compared to 25 hunts in '06). I hope to add to this total in future years. I'm intrigued by them.

I started hunting small game in my single digit years with friends of my grandpa. I hunted about any small game you could think of until I went away to college (baseball). After college.....my hunting consisted of small game, until I was bitten by the waterfowl bug. I got into it to hunt....but found my passion training my dog to retrieve. I still miss my friend. I've taken more ducks than some.....andnever considered deer hunting until my son bought a bow in '05. I've been a deer hunting enthusiast, every since.....taking 14 whitetails.

I've also dabbled in deep sea fishing and in and off-shore fishing while a resident of Charleston, SC. Even did a TON of mtn. flyfishing before I moved to SC.

I've been blessed to hunt fertile grounds....and I've picked up more for '08. I plan to hunt less this year than in years past......but I plan on hunting smarter. I read about deer hunting every week....sometimes every day.

I owe more (when it comes to hunting)to this site and a handful of members than they'll ever know.

That's "me".
Old 06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: ok, lets get to know each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.