Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever stolen a treestand? >

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I have.
13.77%
No I havent.
86.23%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have you ever stolen a treestand?

I know that certain laws governing rental properties and attachments to the land and so forth might be applicable as it applies to exactly who "owns" a treestand once it is hung on a property... be it legally or not.

Where is the king when you need him? Especially now that he is certified and bonified and all that good stuff?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM

If you count one that was put on my property i pulled down. I have taken two down on my land and of course they owner never claimed it.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Found a climber attached to a tree on private landby a poacher....didnt steal the stand but I did remove the blades and gave a big fling in different directions! I have since had 3 stands of my own stolen.

Bad Juju guys leavem alone!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I meant to vote no but thought the title said have I ever had a stand stolen --in that case I have had two stolen!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

No never have, never will.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

ORIGINAL: nodog

have you ever stolen a treestand? lets be honest and straight forward here how many of you have done it you dont have to post just respond to the poll.

Ryan.
Why?
I'm not real sure anymore... i diddnt think people were going to start calling each other pricks over it and such. I just wanted to know what % of the people here have done it just out right blatently stolen a treestand.

After reading all of the posts I do believe that people have a big problem with people who hunt their property illegally. (imagine that) But seriously. I just wanetd to know how many people have accully just been walking through the woods saw a treestand that diddnt belong to them on whoevers property and said. Hey i would like to have that.

Thats the only real reason for this post i didnt mean for it to get out of hand.

My apologies.
Ryan.
Some person tresspasses and then is so rude that they even leave their stand as if to say "I'll be back anytime I want" and the results of that action are so far reaching, you now are part of it and have to apologiesfor it. The tresspasser is the one who needs to be asking forgiveness for making everyone elses life unpleasant.

Seemed like research for something to me.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

No , have had a couple stolen over the years though.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

have you ever stolen a treestand? lets be honest and straight forward here how many of you have done it you dont have to post just respond to the poll.

Ryan.
Why?
I'm not real sure anymore... i diddnt think people were going to start calling each other pricks over it and such. I just wanted to know what % of the people here have done it just out right blatently stolen a treestand.

After reading all of the posts I do believe that people have a big problem with people who hunt their property illegally. (imagine that) But seriously. I just wanetd to know how many people have accully just been walking through the woods saw a treestand that diddnt belong to them on whoevers property and said. Hey i would like to have that.

Thats the only real reason for this post i didnt mean for it to get out of hand.

My apologies.
Ryan.
Some person tresspasses and then is so rude that they even leave their stand as if to say "I'll be back anytime I want" and the results of that action are so far reaching, you now are part of it and have to apologiesfor it. The tresspasser is the one who needs to be asking forgiveness for making everyone elses life unpleasant.

Seemed like research for something to me.
Get real dude Im not out stealing peoples treestands I know first hand how baldy it sucks to walk into the woods in the morning following a bright eye trail and get to my tree look up and its gone, I have yet to go a season when a treestand of mine hasnt been stolen. I dont know why you think that everyone out there is a thief i just wanted to know if anyone on here has stolen one.

Ryan.