Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Treestand Stolen Along with A nice feeder >

Treestand Stolen Along with A nice feeder

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand Stolen Along with A nice feeder

Old 11-20-2002, 07:30 AM

Default Treestand Stolen Along with A nice feeder

My mom was inside when she saw a person stop, pull there vehicle over and stay there 20 min, she couldnt tell if they got out or not. I went outside and checked to make sure my climbing treestand was still there and it wasnt along with my feeder. I am trying to figure out what to do. I know the guy drives a red truck and i only see the truck in the field behing my house occasionly. What should i do to get my stand back. I know its him. The problem with calling the cops is that i didnt have permission to the land. I know the guy very good, i used to be friends with his son and he is my dentist. What can i do to get my stand back and not get in trouble with the law for not tresspassing. Thanks in advance. I was just getting ready to sell theis summit tree stand and get a treelounge. Please help me

Me and my G2 is all I need to succeed in life.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:43 AM

Default RE: Treestand Stolen Along with A nice feeder

count your losses, your stand should of not been on the land in the first place. But you might ask for it back, if he is a stand up guy he might give it back. if I see a stand on my land i`ll place a sign on it and say if it is not removed I will claim it for my self, we all pay big money for rights to own land and do not want any joe to come along without asking to hunt. Ask your self this, would you want a stranger to come into your property and place a stand and hunt you property without asking??? nice handle I also shoot a G2 and I also love it. as a matter of fact I nailed a doe opening day and last week got a 140 class 9 point, both shots were pass thrus

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

Edited by - jevan on 11/20/2002 08:59:09
Old 11-20-2002, 07:44 AM

were you on his land?

It sounds like you need to go talk to this man and either apologize for tresspassing or confront him for stelling your stand.

It sounds like there is more going on here. Whose land is it?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:28 AM

Why would you have a stand and feeder on land you don't have permission to hunt on? I hate thieves but it sounds like you're no better.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to me like your thread topic is not accurate. It should be more like

"Unauthorized treestand and feeder removed by lawful land owner"

All you have left to do is apologize, and politely ask for your stand and feeder back. If he refuses, well that's his perogative and you need to abide by it.