Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever stolen a treestand? >

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I have.
13.77%
No I havent.
86.23%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: have you ever stolen a treestand?

YOU GUYS ARE A JOKE, SAYING THAT YOU TAKE STANDS DOWN ON YOUR OWN LAND AND PUT A NOTE ON IT TELLING THEM NOT TO RETURN,
IF I FIND A STAND ON MY LAND (I OWN) ITS MINE AND IF I CATCH YOU IN IT WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS , MY LAND IS CLEARLY MARKED AND YOU HAVE TO HOPE A ELECTRIC CATTLE FENCE TO GET ON MY LAND IF YOU ARE ON MY LAND YOU KNOW YOU AINT SUPOSED TO BE THERE PERIOD THERE ARE NO WARNINGS TO ME,
AND TO YOU GUYS THAT TAKE OTHER PEOPLE,S STANDS DOWN THAT PUT THEM 10 FT FROM YOUR PROPERTY LINE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF PRICK A HOLES WHO NEED A PUNCH IN THE FACE ,

WE TO WOULD HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS NOW YOU LEFT YOUR LAND TRESPASSED ON MY LAND AND REMOVED MY STAND , OH BOY BE GLAD IM NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR, ONCE YOU DID THAT I WOULD BUILT TOWER STANDS ALL AROUND THE BOARDER OF MY LAND AND JUST REAK HAVOC ON YOUR SEASON . THE CORRECT WAY TO DO IT IS STAY ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY AND DONT TOUCH WHAT AINT YOURS COME SEE ME OR THE LAND OWNER AND ASK IF WE CAN MOVE IT OFF THE LINE JUST A LITTLE, ANY OTHER WAY WILL JUST BRING YOU TROUBLE,
In the words of Mr Rodgers, "won't you be my neighbor". Good post friend.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I have never taken someone else's stand.I have notified a land owner of stands being on their property.Permanent stands as well as portables.What they chose to do was up to them.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I've never taken a stand but i did hunt out of one that wasn't alloud to be there hope who ever put it there would show up to get it ,but never did . But one day it was gone so he must have came after dark to get it .
Old 04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Define stealing.

I don't think that taking down a stand and keeping it if it is on your property is stealing.

Now, going on public land, or trespassing and doing it is stealing.
I define stealing as taking something that does not belong to me.

I wouldn't do it! Period!!

Dan
Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not stealing if its on your property. Its on your property hence its your property.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

Its not stealing if its on your property. Its on your property hence its your property.
They may be Tresspassing, but me taking their stand would still not be right IMHO.

2 wrongs have never made a right

Dan
Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once mosied.. even set a mean cadence once.. but that was at my brother's wedding.

Nope.. never stole a treestand.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I define stealing as taking something that does not belong to me.

I wouldn't do it! Period!!

Dan
I whole heartedly agree. The old expression that 2 wrongs don't make a right applies here. When somebody tresspasses and placestheir stand on your property without your permission then they have of course done wrong. Taking it without making any attept to return it to the rightfull owner is just as wrong. The claim that if something is on your property then it belongs to you is just rationalizing to do what you want to do. It's the kind of selfish thinking a child uses to try to get what it wants but later grows upand becomes adult enough to abandon such selfish nonsense for rational, ethical and adult behavior. Well at least most do.

Oh yea, I wouldn't do it either.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I have not. Infact, I have not even when they were hung illegally on my property. Doing so would just open up a can of worms, and likely start a war making my stands suceptable to theft also.

Now, I have been known to slide into someone elses treestand... but thats a case by case basis...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

have you ever stolen a treestand? lets be honest and straight forward here how many of you have done it you dont have to post just respond to the poll.

Ryan.
Why?

Quick Reply: have you ever stolen a treestand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.