Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Stolen Treestand. >

Stolen Treestand.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Stolen Treestand.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Stolen Treestand.

Has anyone in the Columbus, Brown County area of Indiana had there stand stolen this season. I was out in my till after dark last night and when I got out the this morning my stand and the top section of my strap on ladder were both gone. This really makes me wonder because I was hunting on my bosses property I'm pretty sure its about 1500 acres and its all surrounded by an electric fence. So someone must really have wanted it. I guess I'll file a police report and see if anything comes of it.[:@]
Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stolen Treestand.

Sounds like an "inside job" , whoever took it just about had to have access , and it's likely that your boss lets others besides you hunt the property .
Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

sure you were in the right place lol. No really sorry to hear about your loss. This is the time of the year where crap like this happens, it really makes me mad and Im glad I have never had a stand stolen off our property.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check with your boss before filing a police report. Maybe he didn't know it was yours and thought someone else was jumping on his property? But being that it happened between dusk and dawn is not good. I think someone either saw you bring the stand in or happened upon it while trespassing (probobly while hunting the property). Sometimes you find people using pieces of property as their own when there isn't someone around or on it regularly. Usually they aren't far off. Like neighbors or locals.

Sorry to hear about your loss. But "what comes around - goes around". It's called karma. Whoever stole it will probobly take an unexpected nose dive out of it.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:21 AM

there is a place in hell for treestand thieves.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:26 PM

My boss knew were my stand was and knew it was mine. When I asked him he said he is only letting one other person hunt on his land and its my friend who lives down the road and I'm sure he didn't take it. But my boss said he had some friends over for a BBQ at some point in time and they were out hiking but I don't know why someone would take my treestand. Thats just not nice. I live in a small area if someone around here took I'll find out sooner or later.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 AM

Having same problem here alsoIn wabash county.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:27 AM

Man, that is pretty bold to steal a stand in the dark on private property. Did you see any tracks on how they came in and got out? Sounds like they were watching you and knew were it was.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:33 AM

As I said before they also took the top section of my strap on ladder. I got a phone call this week from my bosses wife and she had found the ladder section in one of her horse pastures. I think I'll keep looking because it looks to me that whoever took it went deeper in the woods after taking it down. Maybe I get lucky and find it. Or maybe they got lost and feel into a ravine and died or somthing.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rhino259 As I said before they also took the top section of my strap on ladder. I got a phone call this week from my bosses wife and she had found the ladder section in one of her horse pastures. I think I'll keep looking because it looks to me that whoever took it went deeper in the woods after taking it down. Maybe I get lucky and find it. Or maybe they got lost and feel into a ravine and died or something.
Oh come on. You would actually want someone, even if they stoleyour treestand, to die for it?

I think the folks on here that post stuff like that and comments about shooting at people for trespassing or poaching, shooting peoples vehicles up, etc. need to find some help. Those are just way too extreme actions.

I hope you get your treestand back in its' entirety and I hope you find peace.

Quick Reply: Stolen Treestand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.