Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever stolen a treestand? >

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I have.
13.77%
No I havent.
86.23%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

have you ever stolen a treestand?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have you ever stolen a treestand?

Hey LT, you got a boat for sale too??
Yeah, wanna buy one?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lanse, I agree: the terms "Sole Permission," "My Land," "Trespasser," and "Owner" are all subject to various interpretations. LOL

I need deeper boots.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I have nicknamed my dad "Genghis Kahn" because he thinks that he is supreme ruler over everything within a mile of wherever he has put up a deer stand. Of course, such perceptions often conflict a bit with legal realities.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sole Permission," "My Land," "Trespasser," and "Owner
How did you ever pass your test?

These words may be "subject" to various interpretations, but their true definition remains the same.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Lanse, I agree: the terms "Sole Permission," "My Land," "Trespasser," and "Owner" are all subject to various interpretations. LOL

I need deeper boots.

Quik, the way this thread is going those are going to fill up mighty fast. I think these will do it though:

I love how ownership of property or permission on property suddenly gives people entitlement to do whatever the hell they want. I don't care if it is your property, if it is not your stand you are stealing. If someone parks their car in your frontyard you can't hotwire it and take it for a joy ride.

These guys are scum bags that put stands up on property that isn't theirs, but to just take their stuff is wrong. Any time I have taken a stand down and left a note the stand has disappeared along with any trace of the owner.

I am in no way a goody two shoes, but stealing other people's stuff is just wrong. I've had things stolen from me and I know how rotten I felt even if it was my fault. I just can't bring myself to do it to someone else.

To each his own I guess.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that in many instances, a landowner has some legal basis for taking a stand from his property. Of course, that's with the understanding that it is actually within the legal boundaries of his property, and sometimes folks can be wrong. "Permission" is much different. As far as i know, someone has to have a written agreement granting them exclusive hunting rights (or something close to it) before they can exercise much legal power based on permission.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

YOU GUYS ARE A JOKE, SAYING THAT YOU TAKE STANDS DOWN ON YOUR OWN LAND AND PUT A NOTE ON IT TELLING THEM NOT TO RETURN,
IF I FIND A STAND ON MY LAND (I OWN) ITS MINE AND IF I CATCH YOU IN IT WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS , MY LAND IS CLEARLY MARKED AND YOU HAVE TO HOPE A ELECTRIC CATTLE FENCE TO GET ON MY LAND IF YOU ARE ON MY LAND YOU KNOW YOU AINT SUPOSED TO BE THERE PERIOD THERE ARE NO WARNINGS TO ME,
AND TO YOU GUYS THAT TAKE OTHER PEOPLE,S STANDS DOWN THAT PUT THEM 10 FT FROM YOUR PROPERTY LINE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF PRICK A HOLES WHO NEED A PUNCH IN THE FACE ,

WE TO WOULD HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS NOW YOU LEFT YOUR LAND TRESPASSED ON MY LAND AND REMOVED MY STAND , OH BOY BE GLAD IM NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR, ONCE YOU DID THAT I WOULD BUILT TOWER STANDS ALL AROUND THE BOARDER OF MY LAND AND JUST REAK HAVOC ON YOUR SEASON . THE CORRECT WAY TO DO IT IS STAY ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY AND DONT TOUCH WHAT AINT YOURS COME SEE ME OR THE LAND OWNER AND ASK IF WE CAN MOVE IT OFF THE LINE JUST A LITTLE, ANY OTHER WAY WILL JUST BRING YOU TROUBLE,

DR KILL
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Never have....bloodcreek stole my Love one time...does that count for anything?

>>>BAM<<<
Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never have but I have full intentions of stealing peakruts this year. I am thinking the night before opener! Would serve him right for missing our shoot yesterday!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

HUH!!!![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Never have....bloodcreek stole my Love one time...does that count for anything?

>>>BAM<<<

Quick Reply: have you ever stolen a treestand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.