Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How should we handle this? >

How should we handle this?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How should we handle this?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How should we handle this?

Wahoo being so young I wouldn't except you to understand the trivialization being made by offending an elder for a moment of pleasure derived from the chance at killing an animal.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

No conclusions to jump to,if your pops needs a place to spook deer & flush turkeys,have him get a hold of me ,I would love to have him.
My grandfather has class. He will stay with me.

Family first, remember?
The way you guys treat him, you might not want to let him know about my offer.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

The way you guys treat him, you might not want to let him know about my offer.

You guys? Now you are talking about my father, whom you have never even typed to?

"Never argue with an idiot, the people watching may not be able to tell the difference"

I am done.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wahoo being so young I wouldn't except you to understand the trivialization being made by offending an elder for a moment of pleasure derived from the chance at killing an animal.
bingo, my point proven again. Did I not say that what I learned about treasuring life I learned from my father and grandfather? "being so young..." Come on man, where did you get this eltist attitude that simply being older than someone makes you much more deserving of respect? Judging by what you've said, you would have no problem with an elder disrespecting a youth? A person is a person is a person regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

bingo, my point proven again. Did I not say that what I learned about treasuring life I learned from my father and grandfather? "being so young..." Come on man, where did you get this eltist attitude that simply being older than someone makes you much more deserving of respect? Judging by what you've said, you would have no problem with an elder disrespecting a youth? A person is a person is a person regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
And I'm sure you've been told over and overhow veryspecial you really are.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I would do anything in this world to have my Grandfather back just to hunt with him one last time.

I'm sorry but there are more important things to worry about. It's just hunting. IMO
Old 04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, one more and I'm through. When a doctor fresh out of med recommends to an elderly patient that they should begin walking, is that disrespect? Or when a young mechanic recommends that his grandfather get his engine fixed, is that disrespect? Its beyond me how it can be misconstrued as disrespect when all the man is doing is recommending something that will better his grandfathers as well as the entire family's hunting chances.There is no way that the accepted ideology is that elders should be able to do whatever they want whenever they want just because there older. Respect is mutual in families in my opinion, atleast thats how I was raised.

And I'm sure you've been told over and overhow veryspecial you really are.
I'm not sure how thar relates at all. I guess I've just given some of this stuff a lot of thought, several of my colleagues and I get together every couple weeks to talk about stuff like this...philosophy nerds i suppose

Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would let gramps do his thing...take pics of him and enjoy him....I hunted lots of years not understanding wind and scent...and still harvested....just my opinion.