Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how would you handle this?

Old 11-25-2006, 12:15 AM

Default how would you handle this?

we had a guy on our lease shoot a buck opening morning and he was pumped but was even more pumped that he saw plenty of good bucks and was going to be able to bring his dad out to hunt with him a few days later. well after his kill he left and said he would be back to hunt with his dad later. well we have this other new guy that seems to think the grass is greener everywhere else but his spot. later that day as we are going back out to hunt he asks me and another guy if it would be alright for him to hunt that stand? we told him it was not our place to answer that so he should call the guy that owned the stand. well we all went our seperate ways and later that evening he called and said he had a buck down and it was from this guys stand which we found out later he never called the guy. pretty s####y if you ask me!
Old 11-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how would you handle this?

yup, i dunno if i would want someone like that hunting in my lease. i know one person doesn't "own" the woods/lease BUT that person did do all the work in scouting that area/stand. if it happened to me, i would be pissed.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:04 AM

That's not cool he should show a bit of respect to the other guy who did all the work and found the stand location.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a guy I would want in my hunting club or to share a lease with.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 AM

Is the guy who owns the stand hot about it?Maybe the new guy didnt know it was bad manners to do it and a good way to be voted off the lease.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:33 AM

Really depends upon the club and rules that it goes by.
Many clubs go on a first come, first served basis to minimize issues like this.

Others allow for "ownership" of stands not located within 100 yards of a green field and all green fields are first come, first served. This seems to be the most reasonable approach. If your club allows private green fields, or corn feeders, then the second guy absoloutly broke trust. If it was a club field or area, then what did he do wrong?

Really isn't enuff info here to really hang the guy. But, he certainly didn't make any friends.
Hank

Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

That would be his last deer from this lease/club!
All clubs that I've been on, each member has their own stands and you don't hunt another's stand without permission!
My best hunting buddy and I have shared our stands forever! We have never had any problems with jealousness, but everyone cannot do this successfully! We tried it with another hunter a few years back, and you could just about read his mind, "you killed MY deer!"

For that reason, I am very reluctant to hunt another's stand! I have had some people almost push you to their stand, then want to get upset if you make a kill!
Again, in this case, this guy would not be hunting this land again, period!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:00 PM

I would get pissed if someone hunted my stand without permission.I wouldn't let him get away with it again.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM

I guess I just don't understand the whole Hunting club/lease thing. On our family farm we have a half dozen friends who come hunt with us. Heck, we all end up sitting at every stand before its all over with. There's none of the "its my stand" bs. My boy tried to lay claims to the stand he killed a decent young buck out of last year. We made a point to sit another youngster there this year.

From what you described I guess the fellar over stepped his bounds though.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

He should have called and gotten permission.

Quick Reply: how would you handle this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.