Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How should we handle this? >

How should we handle this?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How should we handle this?

Old 04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How should we handle this?

definently wouldnt bother with the "issue"

if thats his hunting style, thats his hunting style. PUT him in the best spots...to see game. places he will be happy to hunt.

then...find yourself a big buck sanctuary...if grandpap is in there stinkin up the place, they will just avoid him and his stand...

or, help grandpa hang his stand...but put it where the typical dominant wind WONT hurt anything...i know in western PA i can generally expect a west wind..generally..keep the thicket and food sources anywhere but in the east of the stand and you aughta be ok on typical days...maybe not perfect...but its an option thats better than nothing...

or, take grandpas clothes home and wash them...and when he aint lookin once in a while spray him with scent killer

Old 04-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Put him in a nursery home?

I'm horrible, don't do that! Give the man the respect that he deserves and honor him!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

When he's gone you'll see just how trivial this "issue" really was.
x2 hes your Grandpa, and has been hunting since before you were born let him hunt the way he see's fit
Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I am 66 and when I hunt on my son's property , I use whatever stand he suggests or hunt adjacent property . Even though I have helped him with the food plots , clearing stuff and building a cabin , I respect his deer hunting knowledge . He does a lot of reading , utilizes scent control , wind , temperature , barometric pressure , etc .. I home to be hunting for another 10 years at least .
Back in the 60's , I used to smoke and had doe come within 5 yards of my ground location and not run . We couldn't shoot doe back then either . Anyway , the deer have become smarter and have adapted . We need to do the same with our hunting techniques .
Like someone said above , hunt upwind of your grandfather .........It may work to your advantage !
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've got some nice people hear giving you some ideas that might help you out, I'm not one of them.To start with there not a nice bone in me and if I were near you first thing I would do is slap the stupid out of you ,if that is possible.
Any one that has as little respect for their elders as you do does not even deserver the opportunity to hunt with own grandfather or any one Else's for that sake.To place the moment of glory that a successful hunt brings before the happiness of some one who's very existence made your very ownpossible is beyond my ability to reason.
I would take some time and rethink why you hunt in the first place.
I will stop now before I type some thing that is not very nice.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rarrrr (cat noise)

But he's right!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:05 PM

I would give every bow gun and trophy on the wall to hunt with my grandfather again for 1 morning and he could smell like a locker room cherish every second there just flea bitten deer.Besides you can use his influincing there movment to get one no problems hunnting with the ones you love is far more important then killing,killing just part of the hunt
Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

if I were near you first thing I would do is slap the stupid out of you
Do you hire out?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

After all the things that my grandpa did for me,I would let him crap on my deer stand if it made him happy. What you have to decide is what is more important, your grandpa or some stupid deer. I would suggest enjoying the hunts that you have left with your grandpa and remember them on those long days on stand after he is gone.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

if I were near you first thing I would do is slap the stupid out of you
Do you hire out?
No sheep, but dirt cheap.

Quick Reply: How should we handle this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.