Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A SERIOUS ISSUE

Old 02-12-2003, 08:09 AM

Default RE: A SERIOUS ISSUE

In Wisconsin, the tags are handed out on a decided basis. The DNR researches the area and the land and decides how many tags the the land owner gets to take care of the problem. The most I have ever seen is 20 tags for one plot of 200 acres. The farmers must allow people who ask to hunt on the land and they can use any method that is legal during normal hunting season to take a deer. The farmer must report who is hunting on his land and may not deny access unless all of the tags are used up. Harvested deer must be tagged, and registered. After that, they are treated just like a deer shot during hunting season, the person who tagged the deer may do what they want with it. I think it is a good program if it is done properly.