Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Issue of the law...

Old 01-28-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Issue of the law...

Now this is an issue that I have been debating with a friend of mine so here it is, I would really appreciate input.

You are a game warden in your area and you know a child that you know his parents (for some reason or another) don't really buy groceries. This same child you see bringing in small game from the woods out of season. Do you fine the child or let him go?

My thoughts on this are that as long as he sticks to small game he should not be punished. I would just like to know what you guys would do in this situation.
Thanks,
j3k
Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Issue of the law...

Talk to the parents , to be sure they are aware of the situation and Inform them they can be held accountable and issued the citation . At least that is one of the ways it is handled here , but it is up to the descrection of the officer .
Old 01-28-2004, 07:15 PM

let him go if he is safe
Old 01-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would say if the kid is on private land and not taking stupid shots and not endangering someone, i would let him go. i would confront him though and let him know that he can get into trouble, and if any one else saw him and identified him that he could get in alotta trouble. tell him to lay low.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you let one person hunt outta season, then why not let them all? It's a tough argument.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

First I would go to the parents and tell them its their responsibility to put food on the kids plate.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

if this kid was feeding his family, then i'd buy him a case of ammo. There are some people who arent as fortunate as others.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

He would be in the back of a squad car

I can't see any other arguement making any sense, do you let kids shoplift if it's only small items? I think not
Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally i would talk to his parents first and if no prevail i would put him in the car.Seriously if its small game today who is to say its not big game tomorrow.Poaching to me is taking game out of season.But really who do you blame the kid or the parents.Im not a mean guy just my 2 cents
Old 01-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

Well I would stop him from doing that. But then I would go speak to the parents and find out the whole story..If it was because they couldn't buy groceries then I would give them all of the roadkills that I could get. atleast then the deer that lay along all of our raodways that are fresh and not picked up and left there to rot wouldn't go to waste anymore. And I know this works cause I have a family here that has 13 foster children that I give some of what I harvest too adn any time I hear a radio call about a deer that was just struck I go and pick it up for them. No I'm not a game warden but I am in law enforcement. I also have a connection to get crop damaged deer that were harvested. But that is just what I do, and would DO.

Quick Reply: Issue of the law...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.