Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Take a look at this GARBAGE!!! >

Take a look at this GARBAGE!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Take a look at this GARBAGE!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Take a look at this GARBAGE!!!

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm no expert.....but I've heard that piebald color phase in whitetails occurs about 1/1000.

If you saw 40 in one spot......that's one hell of a coincidence.
If they were to survive and breed would it become a dominant genetic trait?
No sir, that type of coloration is always a recessive trait and can only be expressed when two recessive traits are combined. By breeding one can not change one gene to be dominant over another BUT, if there are more recessive traits passed on the likelyhood ofproducing piebald deer could increase!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

i think they should round those people up drop them off miles from any human contact give them a gun with shells and see how long they get tired of eating bug and tree bark before they start shooting wild game to eat, then ask them how they feel about it after that.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't appreciate the Idot comparing Hunting to going out and killing another person. [:@]

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike

It is garbage andhe is probablypart PETA. Just tasteless and disrespectful.

The Hunter's Wife - http://www.thehunterswife.net

Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

Those types of articles make me sick, and the fact that probably 3/4 of the responses were anti-hunting just scares me. There weren't too many people on that message board defending hunting. I like the idea of not hunting for a few years and seeing how long it takes the government to come begging the hunters to thin out the herd. I'd be all for it if I didnt love hunting sooooo much. I'd bet even then the anti's would find something to complain about. I chuckled at one of the replies in particular. "It sickens me to be subjected to photos of dead animals when I read the newspaper over my morning cup of coffee." I bet she pampers her high horse. It could have only been funnier if she said something about eating bacon or ham or sausage for breakfast. I wonder what she thinks when/ifshe sees vehicle-killed animals on the roads, or what she would be saying if her car got totalled or God forbid somebody she knows got hurt in a deer-vehicle collision. Hunters help keep insurance costs down in areas where deer-vehicle collisions are common. this all kind of reminds me of the previews i've seen for the new Will Smith movie, "i am legend" with all the animals running all over the city. It would most likely come down to that if we stopped hunting. then instead of being subjected to photos of dead animals, it would photos of animal attacks on humans, and habitat loss is much more of a problem to any animals than hunting ever will be. I'm done ranting, stuff like this really grinds my gears.