Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PETA propaganda=Garbage! >

PETA propaganda=Garbage!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PETA propaganda=Garbage!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Default PETA propaganda=Garbage!

Don't read this mumbo jumbo
Man I was having a good day until some tree hugger twig muncher
emailed me this garbage!!!!
http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=53
“Isn’t hunting OK as long as I eat what I kill?”

Did the fact that Jeffrey Dahmer ate his victims justify his crimes? What is done with a corpse after its murder doesn’t lessen the victim’s suffering.
Furthermore, hunters are harming animals other than the ones they kill and take home. Those who don’t die outright often suffer disabling injuries. Additionally, the stress that hunting inflicts on animals—the noise, the fear, and the chase—severely restricts their ability to eat adequately and store the fat and energy that they need to survive the winter.
Hunting also disrupts migration and hibernation. And for animals like wolves, who mate for life and have close-knit families, hunting can severely harm entire communities.
“Isn’t hunting much less cruel than factory farming?”

Yes, and Jack the Ripper was less cruel than Hitler—but that didn’t make him a nice guy. It is true that killing an animal in the wild is less cruel than the months of torture that animals endure on factory farms. However, hunting, like farming, disrupts families and causes pain, trauma, and grief to both the victims and the survivors. Why cause any suffering when we can avoid it?

I can just see the Bimbo typing this thing!!!!
Funniest thing i've ever read!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Default RE: If your happy and you know it.....

I'll be Dahmer...You guys can be Jack the ripper

Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If your happy and you know it.....

That right there is the ignorence of these people in a nut shell, and they will even go as far as saying they are vegitarians so they are for the animals because they dont eat meat!! bu dont think about anything else. Funny you should e-mail these SOB back and ask him if he adopted one of the those dogs PETA took in!! Oh yeh they killed them and threw them in a dumpster not even there's!!!!! But its ok for them to kill just not anybody else!!!! Walt
Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default RE: PETA propaganda=Garbage!

Rediculous propaganda that wins no one over except a few weak sheep. Just like spray painting a fur coat or throwing a pie in a pork queens face. The people in the middle don't care about these statements or actions and this is why I don't fear peta. The top leaders of peta would lose their six figure income and posh job if hunting was outlawed. Hunting is a $$ billion dollar business; FEAR NOT.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Rediculous propaganda that wins no one over except a few weak sheep. Just like spray painting a fur coat or throwing a pie in a pork queens face. The people in the middle don't care about these statements or actions and this is why I don't fear peta. The top leaders of peta would lose their six figure income and posh job if hunting was outlawed. Hunting is a $$ billion dollar business; FEAR NOT.
Don ... I agree with you....to a point. When the elected officials start becoming "those week sheep" you are talking about, it becomes time to fear them. When the passive, left wing, liberal folks can create legislation that eventually will become a law, we then need to worry bigtime.

Now if we as sportsmen elect ONLY those people who aren't that way, you are right....nuthin to worry about. Don, there is no doubt in my mind that you vote .... but how many of these others vote .... I think I will start a poll .......

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

This article explains a lot. Not about hunting, but about a line of questioning I was subjected to by an anti- earlier this week.

Many animals suffer prolonged, painful deaths when they are injured but not killed by hunters. A member of the Maine Bowhunters Alliance estimates that 50 percent of animals who are shot with crossbows are wounded but not killed.(7) A study of 80 radio-collared white-tailed deer found that of the 22 deer who had been shot with “traditional archery equipment,” 11 were wounded but not recovered by hunters.(8)
I guess this is where they were getting their information that bowhunting was perhaps"inhumane".

For those of you who have not been confronted about this subject yet, be prepared if it is well-known you are a hunter. Apparently this article is making the rounds.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:45 PM

I can't believe they can even compare killing deer to the mass murderers and cannibals in our society. That is just low.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Just remember a few things about PETA.

They refused to help the stranded cattle in Colorado this past winter.

Two of their members are now/were on trial this week for illegally dumping a mass amount of dogs and cats. Peta kill's over 60% of the animals they rescue.

Yeah, they care about animals. It's all about the money!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:42 PM

illegally dumping a mass amount of dogs and cats.
Any further information on this??
Old 01-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

How can anyone take these people seriously!!! It cracks me up when people start comparinghunting and farmingto Horrific MURDERS!

I would love for one of these fruit bags to explain to me why then are animals here on earth? Do they think they are here for us to look at and to keep as pets?

Sure animals suffer when they dies sometimes. Sure they get wounded and die a slow death from the habds of a hunter. I think all of us could agree that it is an unfortunate thing and hope and pray that this does not happen.

Animals also suffer from starvation and disease when they become overpopulated. I "as a human" or if I were a deer would rather take a razor sharp broadhead through the heart or lings than to spend weeks suffering from starvation. Wonder what this wing nut would rather have if she could choose?

The animal can't choose this for themselves. We can!

Quick Reply: PETA propaganda=Garbage!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.