Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 European Mounts.... >

European Mounts....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

European Mounts....

Old 10-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default European Mounts....

Hey guys, I'm still debating on whether to get a shoulder mount or a euro mount done on the buck I killed last night. I need some help to make the decision. Canyou guyspost some pics of euro mounts that you have done or had your taxi do. I'm not real knowledgeable on the euro mounts and what kind of options are out there. I would appreciate it. I would love to get another shoulder mount done. It is about 50/50 right now just can't decide what to do. I need to save as much money as I can with my wedding and honeymoon coming up in March (those damn things are expensive) and the euro mount would save me about $200.00. Let me know your guys' oppinions on the matter. And show me some pics to give me some ideas of what kind of options I will have with the euro mount. Thanks guys.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: European Mounts....

Only a difference of $200? I go with the shoulder mount! Shoulder mount here is $450. Euro mount you can do your self for $50. I would show you pics but I dont know how.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 PM

i base it on the story behind the deer. if it is a buck that i have been chasing for some time or there is an awesome story behind it i will get a shoulder mount but if not its just a european mount. i have a 130" 8 european mount and a 110" 10 point shoulder. the ten meant a lot to me and the 8 i never saw before that night. im not saying i dont respect the 8, infact i like european mounts just the same. but the feeling i get is different when i look at the 10 point and i am so happy i got the shoulder mount! are there pics and a story on another thread?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nwpahntr

i base it on the story behind the deer. if it is a buck that i have been chasing for some time or there is an awesome story behind it i will get a shoulder mount but if not its just a european mount. i have a 130" 8 european mount and a 110" 10 point shoulder. the ten meant a lot to me and the 8 i never saw before that night. im not saying i dont respect the 8, infact i like european mounts just the same. but the feeling i get is different when i look at the 10 point and i am so happy i got the shoulder mount! are there pics and a story on another thread?
Here are the pics and story.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2394644
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are two that I did myself Chris.

I wound up painting the second one to match the first... I'm doing my '07 PA buck the same way. I just finished skinning the head, removed the C1 vertrebrae (that was still attached) - got the bottom jaw cut out clean... Now for the dirty work (boiling). Give me a holler and I can walk you through it.

Definitely not hard, but you'll need4 things:
[ol][*]A lot of spare time[*]A strong stomach[*]An electric roaster[*]A place to do it outside the house (boiling brain smells horrible).[/ol]Like you said... A whole lot cheaper than a shoulder mount - look pretty cool too.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is what I do with most of my antlers. It is time consuming and gross, especially the eyes![:@]That's yesterdays, " wish I had it to do over" want tobe buck.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man if you got the cash do a shoulder mount no doubt.. thats a hell of a deer and needs a mount..