Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 They're starting rub!! >

They're starting rub!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They're starting rub!!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default They're starting rub!!

I was out on Thursday and saw a couple scrapes. Went out on Friday to a different location and found a spot where there was a bunch of sapplings about 20 of them had rubs on em. Went to yet another property on Saturday and some pretty good rubs on some trees about 3-4 in. diameter in the creek bottom. They're starting, I figure about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and Im breaking out the rattling antlers. I also heard a couple bucks play-sparring on two separate nights as well. That'll get the heart racing. Anyone else seeing any good rubs. Im still looking for that tree the size of my thigh thats shredded, no luck with that yet.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Default RE: They're starting rub!!

Rubbing and scraping in South-Central Missouri. One good rub I've seen on a 4-5 inch thick cedar!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Weve only had a couple rubs like I said, I believe them to be territorial. Ive heard that theres a couple real nice bucks on one of the properties I hunt. Weve never bowhunted it, only shotgun. I saw a big bodied deer Saturday night, very grey hair, but never saw the front half. I dont know how big he is but he probably pushes 250-275 lbs Im guessing. Im not going back there for about 2 weeks and when I go Im going to see what I can rattle in. I also didnt get to do any scouting on this property at all yet, Im just hunting it off luck and hope Im in the right spot. I dont think it will be too difficult to call one in, the properties not huge and theres quite a few bucks. Hopefully one is a shooter.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a couple scrapes in my woods, have a couple bucks hitting antlers on a trail cam.. Nothing muchyet though. I have a giant I'm hunting and I really hope to have a shot at him before they start to bust each other up.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been seeing rubs since the last week of September. I actually got a picture of 2 bucks fighting when i looked at my camera. I shouldnt have deleted it but i did, the pic wasnt the clearest.