Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 maryland hunting >

maryland hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

maryland hunting

Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: maryland hunting

To be quite honest I am not too sure about those areas?? I would bet you will get better answers in the regional forums!!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt private land in north eastern maryland and its pretty good. I haven't heard much about public land around here though.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 PM

elk neck isn't very good for quality deer... deer are unhealthy, too many hunters... and plenty of unethical hunters in that area.. I can't hardly stand hunting there. I would not recommend it at all. Plus the chiggers and ticks are out of control...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Im not sure about central md if you listen to Michhunter and go to the regional forum I think you will find more help there Good Luck!!

Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

elk neck isn't very good for quality deer... deer are unhealthy, too many hunters... and plenty of unethical hunters in that area.. I can't hardly stand hunting there. I would not recommend it at all. Plus the chiggers and ticks are out of control...

Are you and the OP the same person, or related?, Your names are very similar.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

I heard western maryland is good
Now I wouldnt say all that?!? I personally dont hunt public ground but for bowhunting I would say that a lot of the state there wouldnt be a problem with it anywhere! Now gunhunting is a different story, for some reason people come from everywhere to hunt our monster 4pts and spikes?? Dont ask me why??
Use to do work in Frostburg and hunt Greenridge early bow hunting. Don't tell me there aren't monsters running around. Maybe not after the gun idiots get there but before, yes!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey like I said I have never hunted public lands(greenridge-dans mt.) but I am sure thereare some "monsters'' for this area, but I was just stating that if you want a chance for potential horns you are stabbing int he wrong area here, as opposed to the rest of the state!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM

is elk neck state park really that bad? thats where i planned to hunt on the opener? whats wrong with it? i have heard some ppl say theres some good deer in there
Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

is elk neck state park really that bad? thats where i planned to hunt on the opener? whats wrong with it? i have heard some ppl say theres some good deer in there
I dont think its as bad as he played it out to be. The deer are pressured there but what do you expect its a public hunting area. The only way to tell is to find out for yourself. Maybe you will find a great spot or get lucky who knows. Good luck with whatever you do.