Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best tactic for hang on stand? >

Best tactic for hang on stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best tactic for hang on stand?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best tactic for hang on stand?

I have had most of my hang on stands up for 10 years plus. My advice is dont take them down.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just designed a pulley system that attaches to my top climbing stick. I havent tested it yet as I still need to get the rope but I have no doubts, this is going to save time, stress, and probably my life.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

I have had most of my hang on stands up for 10 years plus. My advice is dont take them down.
I highly advise that stand be taken down every year or every2 years. I have had bad experiences with the trees growing and making very dangerous situations. Whether its a hang on with a strap, or a chain they can become so incredibly tight that they will not come off. Worse yet if you decided to sit in the stand with all that tension on the strap, it could break. Been there done that.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 PM

I went to bass pro and got a setter hoist. It works very nice. Its like having a extra set of hands. The price was 39.99 but they had it marked wronge so I paid 9.99. After using it I think I would pay 39.99 for it.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Wensel Bros. of Montana have a very easy way of setting stands quite safely. Keeping in mind their age.. I think it's a wonderful way to hang a treestand even if I don't do it quite this way either.

The Wensel Bros. hang their stands while with one another. They start by hanging a stand at about chest height off the ground. Then they'll stand on the stand that's hung and the brother (who is on the ground) will hand him another treestand. They will then proceed to hang another stand at head level and follow it by putting up climbing sticks (or whatever you use) all the way to that stand. Then repeat.. it will only take a few moments to be upwards of 15 ft.

I always thought it was pretty neat.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:02 PM

I take my climbing stick and stand in and put the stick up and climb up with a rope attached to me and the stand and when i get to were i want to put it I pull the stand up and then use a bungee strap to hold it up will i am putting the strap up or whatever else hs to be done
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Spike

what wheatly said works best for me....its the same as an ez/up except alot cheaper