Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best tactic for hang on stand? >

Best tactic for hang on stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best tactic for hang on stand?

Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Best tactic for hang on stand?

I have been putting hang on stands for a good while and im lookin if you have any tips to carry the heavy big big 16 pound stands up the tree cuz it gets very stressfull somtimes holding that thing up there any tips thatt can help me make it easier to put a hang on stand up ? THANKS
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best tactic for hang on stand?

If you can, use a climber stand, climb up with it, pull your lock on upand put the lock on on, then back down and screw in your steps, or put up your ladder or whatever it is you use.

If you cant use a climber, put on a linemans belt and work your way up.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also use my climber to hang stands. Plus I take an extention ladder with me. I will be doing all my stands this month.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well ... the way I put my stands up is easy for me , I'll transport my stands and climbing sticks on my game cart.
Once I get to a spot , I 'll put on my safty lineyard harness and start putting my sticks up I have enough sticks to go up 24 to 28 feet.
I'll attach the sticks and my stand to my belt so as I go up putting my sticks together my stand comes up with me.
I have a 25 foot rope tied to my stand it also serve as my pull up rope for my bow and other gear once thats off the ground then I know I'm high enough.
Then I'll secure myself to the tree wuth my lineyard harness and pull my stand up , I 'll place my stand somewhere between 24 to 26 feet allowing a little extra stick for getting on to my stand easyer.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Im not sure where to get it, But i saw a neet concept in a magazine the other day.. It was a plate with a pully on it... You go up the tree and place the pully (starp the plate on)Above where you intend on placeing your stand and pull it up or have a buddy pull it up to you....Tie the rope off and it holds the wieght of the stand while you secure it... I think ill be fabricating one when i get home...
Old 08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: crafty101

Im not sure where to get it, But i saw a neet concept in a magazine the other day.. It was a plate with a pully on it... You go up the tree and place the pully (starp the plate on)Above where you intend on placeing your stand and pull it up or have a buddy pull it up to you....Tie the rope off and it holds the wieght of the stand while you secure it... I think ill be fabricating one when i get home...
Your talking about the E/Z UP treestand pulley system from Pine Ridge Archery Products.
I just got one of those as a gift from HNI Justin at the first Get Together last Aug. 23rd.
I'm thinking about giving it a try this fall , I'll let you know how it works in the the meantime check out their web site at ( www.pineridgearchery.com ) and take a look at there fine products.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I screw in my steps up to where I think I will place the stand. Then I screw in one higher and in front of the tree. I then attach a rope to the stand and string it over that last step I put in out front. Pull the stand up and just lash the rope off to another step below until you get it strapped in. Then let the rope down. It is much easier than trying to lug that thing up the tree on your back or with one hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

This is a cheap and great way to hang stands. I get a metal ring big enough to slip a ratchet strap hook through. Put up your steps, go up and ratchet the ring on the tree a bit higher than you want the stand. Run a piece of rope through the ring, hook it to the stand and pull the stand up to the height you want it, go up hook the stand up and Your done. Works great. I tie off the rope to the bottom of the tree when I get the stand up in place. Not heavy to carry at all. Good luck, and wear your safety harness. Works just like the pulley plate, but cheaper.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

^^^What Wheatlysaid. Also use a safety harness with a lineman's belt...helps so much more b/c you can lean back and hang your stand at arms length..vs. trying to hug the tree while hanging a stand. Plus, the extra 'step' you put into the tree above your stand can be used as a gear hanger or you can remove it. I leave it in b/c there's just not enough room on any of my hang on's for me and my gear.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

I put up my ladder steps or tree steps depending on what im using. I then climb the tree with my stand on just my right shoulder. Im right handed when I get to the top I take the stand off my shoulder. When it is folded I hold it to the tree withmy righthand while resting the bottom on my right knee then with my left hand I wrap the strap around and clip it in place. I do this alot since I mainly hunt public land and do alot of moveing and changing stratagies to get my deer.

Quick Reply: Best tactic for hang on stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.