Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang on Stand

Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hang on Stand

What kind of hang on stand does everyone use? I have a Summit Viper and love it but there are some trees that I can't use it in and am looking for a light hang on stand that is easy to set up and move around. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:09 AM

Default RE: Hang on Stand

Lone Wolf is my favorite. I also have Gorilla and API
Old 02-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard great things about the Lone Wolf - light, strong, etc..

I have used the API Baby Grand - comforable stand but not easy to take in and out.

I also have used Gorillas and most recently Rivers Edge. These are both great stands - light, comfortable, inexpensive and quiet. I personally try to stay away from stand that have hollow aluminum square tubing for the grate - very loud. (Although a cheap welcome mat solved this problem on the Baby Grand, but wouldn't be good to carry around if you're moving stands.) Stay away from Trophy Hunter. I bought one this year and it's so loud because of cheap workmanship you can't move in it or it'll squeak. Made in China - big surprise it's cheap.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:26 AM

Rivers edge chain on no straps to play with. Only down fall seat is kinda thin not much cushion.....
Old 02-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using the Gorillas and I have been tickled with them. I am a big guy and a noise freak so I have always made my own all wealed lock-ons but I have been extremely pleased with the gorillas.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much odes a Longe Wolf run? I'm looking for something pretty cheap becuase I'm wanting to buy 3 or 4 of them.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

All my stands are old, i have Loc-on and Amacker brand hand on stands. I do have one newer one that is a remington. I want to buy several new ones this coming year and i really like the looks of the lonewolf but they are pricey so i think i'm gonna take a good look at the Gorilla stands.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:26 PM

titleist, if you are wanting cheap, don't look at Lone Wolf. The stand is about $150 and then I also bought 4 lone wolf sticks to go with it, another $150. Yes, very expensive for a loc on set, but I use the lone wolf for "mobile" loc on. If I have an area where I want a truly permanant stand, I hang my gorilla or API and use cheap climbing sticks. You have the lone wolf hung in a flash, it is very light and very sturdy. I love it.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant the lond wolf stand work on crooked trees?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 PM

Yes, it works well on crooked trees. It has a pivoting tree brace on it, that lets in grab and conform to the shape of the tree. I would'nt try climbing upside down or anything, but on slight bends and twists, no problems.

Quick Reply: Hang on Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.