Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Paper tuning Question >

Paper tuning Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Paper tuning Question

Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Paper tuning Question

I am having an issue paper tuning a 2006 Bowtech Allegiance.

The bow is set at approximately 65 lbs with 27.5"fast module. I am constantly getting the attached tear. The Easton Tuning guide calls for moving the rest (whisker bisquit) to the left but I am at the end of left adjustment.

My release is a TRUball Xtra.

My arrows are 27" Carbon Express 6075. My arrow spine correct according to all charts - I have also tried shooting 27" 4560 arrows with the same results. My arrowappears to haveadequate clearance on the cables and I have tried my best not to create hand torque.

To elimate a high tear, I had to move the bisquit in the opposite direction suggested in the tuning guide. The tuning guide suggests this as a possibility with certian combinations of personal form/arrow.

Has anyone else had to make opposite corrections with the Whisker Bisquit?

Any suggestions on what to do to elminate this tear?
Or, should I just shoot it and forget it?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Paper tuning Question

when I was usingaWB I also had to move the wb ib the oppositew direction to eliminate high tear... it seemed to work so i went with it and had no problems..
Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are sure that you have the static center shot set up correctly:

Try turning the arrow nock 120 degrees and see if the tear changes. If it does, turn the nock 120 degrees again and see if the tear changes. If it does, then get another arrow. You cannot paper tune correctly if you are using an arrow that is not spined correctly. By turning the nock you are able to check the spine of the arrow you are using. If it is not spined correctly it will shoot differently because you are essentially moving the stiffer part of the spine from, say, the top to the lower left or lower right and then moving it again. By moving the stiffer part around you get different arrow flight. (One of the things we did in Len's seminar )

If your static centershot is correct and you are using a good arrow:

You can try increasing the draw weight to 68lbs and see what happens. If the tear gets smaller but does not go away increase the draw weight again.

Or you can try moving the rest to the right just a very little (1/32")at a time.

I would try to correct it wit the draw weight first.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bruce,
Thanks, I will trygoing up 3 lbs. and then the 120 degree rotation tonight. If this doesn't help, I will try to move the rest to the right - which is opposite of what should work.

The tear is not huge but I want to try to correct it.

I have done my best with the static center shot, but you loose that
setting as soon as you make a paper tuning right/left adjustment, right?

Thanks for the advice,
Kevin