Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shoot thru blind mesh questions >

shoot thru blind mesh questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoot thru blind mesh questions

Old 04-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shoot thru blind mesh questions

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

turkey loads from the 870 seemed to have no effect from the mesh, so that still worked out ok.
If you read the fine print on your blind it says "Do not discharge firearms through the mesh. The discharge may cause a fire."
After reading this post,I got a mental image that made me laugh out loud. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:40 PM

Lets just say I hunted the first part of indiana's shotgun season with the netting in... Thank god the big buck I had been seeing during bow season never showed! That would of been a pretty funny site to see me catching my blind on fire because I didn't think about the discharge!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:14 PM

I haven't ever shot through mesh at turkeys. I shoot through the mesh at deer but turkey don't spook from the "black hole" effect like deer do. The only time I have ever shot a turkey through the mesh was in the Fall while I was deer hunting and my Muzzy flew right where I aimed it through my DB Matrix mesh.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

turkey loads from the 870 seemed to have no effect from the mesh, so that still worked out ok.
If you read the fine print on your blind it says "Do not discharge firearms through the mesh. The discharge may cause a fire."
Below that quote it says "immediately run over to your game, remove some meat and head back to your blind. The fire is ready for cookin!"