Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shoot thru mesh on blind >

shoot thru mesh on blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoot thru mesh on blind

Old 10-31-2004, 01:27 PM

Default shoot thru mesh on blind

I was wanting to know if anyone has shot an expandable broadhead thru the "shoot thru mesh" of a doghouse blind. I am worried about leaving the mesh on. I would like to practice shooting out of the blind but would like some opinions before doing so. thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: shoot thru mesh on blind

I think they tell you not to use mechanicals to shoot thru the mesh.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:07 PM

yep, don't shoot them through the mesh, it even says it on the doghouse. I just bought the Ameristep blind myself, can't wait to get it out and nail a doe with it!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:36 PM

I have heard that deer do not like the black holes if you do not have the mesh on, so think about switching to fixed blades.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

NO,NO
Old 11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

you may want to check into the Eastman Carbon venture blind. They are great blinds and I've shot my varmit mechs throught them. There were eastman silvertips I also killed a coyote with that same head and the shoot through mesh. It worked fine.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: schlich92

I have heard that deer do not like the black holes if you do not have the mesh on, so think about switching to fixed blades.

I was worried about ths as well, so I leave the windows I'll be shooting out of open even when I'm not there so the deer will be used to it that way. Worked twice so far this year. Even had 2 turkeys wthin 5 yards or so & they never saw me in there. One thing I might mention is you should practice shooting from your blind before you hunt from it. Then you could test your mechanicals. I practiced from mine & found it easy with the windows down 4" or so. Then thursday afternoon I shot right thru my window! [:'(] Still got the deer but hit it around 6" back from where I was aiming. I didnt notice till I was closing it up to recover my deer & there were 2 nice holes thru my window. Figure I'll leave it down a bit more from here on in.