Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ground blind users >

ground blind users

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blind users

Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 PM

Default RE: ground blind users

well i saw one of those chairs at target for 20 bucks....i liked that one but im not to sure i like the swivil boat bucket one too thoguh do any of yall have some piks of inside the blind?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 AM
Dominant Buck

the kidd:

Having now HUNTED (not just sat) out of my blind in 2 different "chairs".....I'm reverting back to my original choice (a little stool Lisa and I picked up at a PGA tournament). I honestly used one the last two times I turkey hunted that looked a LOT like Washington Hunters.

Someone said:
Those chairs like Wash. Hunter has are definetly more comfortable if you intend on sitting long periods, BUT I had some trouble shooting out of them....Too confined.
I agree with this assessment on BOTH counts. I switched because I knew I was going to be in the blind a while.....and I wanted the back on the chair (heck....a good nap never hurt ANYONE!). I'm switching back to the smaller stool.....because I've noticed how much noise the back of my pants being drug across the fabric makes when I am maneuvering into a shooting position (I shoot with both legs to the side). I'm glad I noticed this when I DIDN'T have a bird in front of me.

So....it's a trade-off. I realize that. I may not be as comfortable.....but I WON'T have to worry about turning to get into shooting position. if you shoot with your bow between your legs......non-issue, likely.

Good luck, guys.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 AM

i use a foldable tripod seat that swivels
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 AM

I take it the distance you have to carry your gear is very short. Wouldn't want to haul an office chair on my back out to some of the locations we hunt in this area.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Actually, we set the blind up and leave it for a few weeks ... or months, depending on what we see out of it. Plus we get light weight ones for the blinds. But we don't have to hike in anywhere to get where we hunt so I am sure that makes a huge difference also. Hubby has used a little camp chair but it is not tall enough for me.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The most important thing about your blind chair isn't how comfortable it is......but that it is the proper height. Unless you try it out.....you're going to put yourself in a potentially REALLY uncomfortable shooting position by choosing a chair that is not the proper height.

Take a few minutes and try a few.
Or you shoot a hole through your Double Bull, yes I killed the turkey

I now use a 5 gallon bucket with the swivel seat lid. My chair legs sunk in the mud about 3 inches. Which put me below the window. Why I shot through my blind, but the good news was I was using a fixed blade
Old 04-18-2007, 12:11 PM

Whoops. I guess some dull camo duck tape will fix that right up. lol.

I'll leave blinds in the same spot for the season on private land and rotate through them. For those I use hard plastic green lawn chairs with a dull finish. They're the right height and nice and comfortable for early morning hunts or when you have to sit for awhile. When it comes time to draw, I can slide silently up to the front of the chair to be in a better position to shoot.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM

yea my groud blins is less than 125 yds from the cabin so an office chair would be no problem
Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 PM

I havent hunted on my own, but when i went out with my fiance weused all of the above and they all are great, but if I could I would just take a couch.