Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground Blind Users-I have?? >

Ground Blind Users-I have??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blind Users-I have??

Old 09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ground Blind Users-I have??

Ok, I got my ASAT blind. I was shooting out of it this weekend. I shot both with the mesh and without. On the longer shots I could tell the mesh was affecting my shot placement.

My question is. Do I need to have the mesh in place for whitetail hunting?I have read you need the mesh for deer. But if I set up back in the shadows and brush it in pretty good. Do I really need the mesh in the windows? These aren't high strung Texas Deer. I would feel more confident in the shot without the mesh.

And how much do you brush in your blind when hunting?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind Users-I have??

I would have the mesh in place, i have a double bull matrix.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:22 PM

I shot one out of a blind last year, and yes, I had the net down. I am sure that "black hole" spooks them......She was pretty nervous of that blind for a few minutes......I had it backed up against a small pine tree, and had some leafy branches on the roof......

I don't think it's as critical w/ the asat blind......The edges aren't very flat, and the camo really breaks it up. While turkey hunting out of mine this past spring, I had 3 bucks in front of it....I didn't have it brushed in at all....They looked at it, but didn't really pay any attention to it....the nets were down.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I had my Blind out this past Spring for Turkey Season I brushed in my Blind with the tall yellowish colored barn grass growing out in the nearby field.Had several Turkey and a Button Buck walk right in front of my blind and around beside it.

I was thinging about shooting out of the mesh windows in my Blind also,was planning on buying some HellRazor broadheads and using them to shoot through the mesh screen?I may lower 1 or 2 of the windows if it doesn't spook the Deer?If you put some tall grass or leaves close to the windows it should help conceal the black inside the blind.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

With or without the shoot thru mesh it's always important to bush your blind in well with the natural surroundings.
I have theDouble Bull T5 model and it does not have the mesh so I have to keep my windowssome what closed , I just simply twist the window flap so that it only leaves a little black hole to shoot out of.
Setting your blind back up againest a thickit whould help alot but it leaves you with very few shooting optionsso knowing or expecting your deer to come from a certian direction would impove your odds.
When brushing in your blind just remember to cover your roof as well to help break upthe outline and another thing , it's not so much about the big black hole thats spooks themit's the movement theyseeinside it.
Ifthe inside of your blind is black like most of them are then make sure your wearing something black or dark from the upper portion of your body to the top of your head, face and hands , you might want to use some type of limb cover for your bow as well.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys I am definately gonna usemy blind this year. Got a few good spots where tree stands will not work.

Trying to get a feel for how to approach it from your experiences.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:11 PM

I always put my blinds in early for were I am going to hunt at least a couple of weeks so they get used to it
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't trust doing that around here. It would not be there. Gonna be a set up and hunt it here.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

I dont know about everyone elses experience with the mesh, but I threw it away as soon as I opened the box. Just because it says "shoot thru" doesnt mean you should. Ask youself this, If a buck was standing in grass up to his shoulders and you were hunting on the ground, would you take the shot? I think the grass would have less resistance than the mesh, but still, any contact with an arrow in flight may and most likely WILL cause deflection. Im not bashing anyone by any means, this is just my opinion. I personally have never had any deer spook due to the "black hole affect" caused by no mesh. Just remember that if you decide to shoot with no mesh, wear black. Camo will look pert-near white on a solid black background and then the deer may spook. Hope this helps and good luck with your descision.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im not sure about the mesh, but the ASAT blind is one sweet looking blind. The pics i have seen looks like it blends in very nicely.

Quick Reply: Ground Blind Users-I have??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.