Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you like the Ground-max escape ground blind?????? >

Do you like the Ground-max escape ground blind??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES you do like it
55.56%
NO it's not what its cracked up to be
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like the Ground-max escape ground blind??????

Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Do you like the Ground-max escape ground blind??????

Do you like it or not please select one.THANKS
Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Do you like the Ground-max escape ground blind??????

yea i do like it but the one i just bought recently had many defections in it,....like zippers not closing holes inn the blind , stiches coming out.......but then today i called there customer service and it was great they are now going to send me a new blind and it is going to include the mesh windows......they said that defetions like that dont happen often to ...but they c;d be lyin...just my 2 cents
Old 01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes i love it! Alot room and waterproof. I hunted in one turkey hunting and i wanted seeing that many birds but i kept sitting in it because it was to comfy to get out.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoy using mine as well. I picked it up last year and used it extensively for spring turkey (check one of my journal articles). In my opinion it is one of the most overlooked, underrated blinds out there. Both Ameristep and Double Bull tend to get the most comments when it comes to blinds' threads but I think this one is a sleeper.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Spike

We have been using them for the past three years and have only had bad luck with one and that was with the new taller one. We leave our blind up from August through the end of December. Here in ND you go from 90 degrees in August to 30 below in the winter with winds hitting up to 50 mph at least two or three times every couple months. They out perform all other blinds hands down as far as durability. Double Bulls stretch out after a few months and you can't even keep them open. The bad luck was caused by wind, I think the taller ones are too tall and cant handle our weather here in ND. There are a few concepts I would change but I guarantee you would be more than happy with them. And like the Kidd said there customer service is first class!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

A guy at some pro shop recommended this one to me because he thought it was more durable and at a better price.
I've enjoyed my so far, the taller modelGB-3000. I had to return the first one that I bought on-line because last years model was shorter, but they were selling it under the same model number - so I was told, and, of course, they sent me last years model. It seems durable and the fabric is really tight when it's set up. I hope the thread they used at the seams is durable, because the seams are really stretched tight.
Basically I use it when taking my boys out with me. Three's a crowd, but it works. The boys can shoot while standing, I can shoot while sitting. Like the height because I'm 6'-1", but the height makes it more difficult to conceal in the brush. The velcro window strips are loud and sometimes difficult to attach the netting to the perimeter of the opening so just be sure to make your window adjustments as soon as you set up. I don't use the metal bow hanger, just seems to be in the way. I bought a metal stake-like thing that I stick in the ground and it holds the bow.