Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre >

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Is it possible they can take 3 bucks off of a piece of property that is 1 acre with a house, driveway and a barn????? YES... anything is possible

Is it PROBABLE they can take 3 bucks off of a piece of property that is 1 acre with a house, driveway and a barn????? NO...

do what you want... sit back and let it happen.. do you actually think they are hunting on one single acre of land? Come on, be realistic. After reading these posts they are either baiting and shooting from windows or obviously hunting on land they have no permission. If this is only 1 acre of land with a house and a barn it obviously has a very small patch of woods available to hunt. Personally I would get a very long extention cord or a generator and a very loud stereo. Place speakers at edge of acre and play the theme song to Barney all day every day.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if you want the last word..you got it! I can't say anything else to back up my statements..your doing it all for me!

PS.. Note to self,

Dear Diary, I fear if I go to any internet get-togethers I may get beat up........{sigh}
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 AM

SB, I am proud that you are standing up for yourself on the internet.

Now, use that same mentality and go talk to the land owner or the game warden and something might get done about the situation at hand. If you have permission to hunt the land, and the others absoluetly do not, then I don't see why the land owner would have a problem getting the warden involved. I understand why you are angry, I just don't understand why you don't "try" to do something about it. Because if you don't at least try to resolve the problem, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I DID NOT MEAN THAT. I meant.....Here we seem to have words....and wouldn't it be nice to meet and see that we're probably a LOT alike.

I'm sorry.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 PM

if barney's theme song does not work play the wiggles..

that will scare the poachers off for good buddy
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM

Unless the land owner is willing to back you up 100% and talk to these people you are SOL. He can say he does not like it all he wants, but unless he acts its pointless. Like someone else said, if your not the land owner the law will not even talk about it. The only advice I could give is try being out there during gun season and maybe it will discourage them from coming onto the uncles land. But like you said, pic your battels and keep you family in mind if they are bad news people. Like I said in your first story, I use the "my" deer word all the time, I understand your feelings on this. Also in my reply I talked about the same problem, but reversed. I have the thirty five acre swamp spot that has hundred's of acres on three sides owned by the same guy who has a son in-law living a few hundred yards away. He bow hunts the back and I think I am just better off letting him tresspass since he could make my hunting harder then I can make his. Stolen trail cams and stands can add up in a hurry! Good luck!