Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I shot them all tonight!! >

I shot them all tonight!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot them all tonight!!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I shot them all tonight!!

Well I went to the shop tonight and I knew i wanted to shoot some bows, trying to help my decision of which one i want to get come summertime.
I shot the Hoyt Vectrix,Bowtech Allegiance,Bowtech Tribute,Diamond Black Ice, and the Browning Myst

First up the Diamond Black Ice:

This is a very sweet shooting bow, similar to the tribute in my opinion. Pretty quick bow, but did notice some hand shock, but overall a good bow. Not quite as good as the Tribute though

Bowtech Tribute

This bow is an excellent piece of equipment, shoots hard, no hand shock, quiet. I just didnt like how short the ATA was, my bow I have now is a short ata and i am not nearly as consitant with it so definately not a SHORTER ata than the one i have

Hoyt Vectrix

This is also a great bow, not quite as fast as the others but very quite, and a pretty smooth draw. The only thing i notcied with this bow was that it kinda wanted to jump forwards after the shot. Overall an excellent bow, no doubt my number 2 . Sweet Sweet shooter though, i want one just thinking about it but......

Bowtech Allegiance

Theres only one word that describes this bow....AMAZING. This is the best bow i shot hands down. Better than the ol Vectrix which was a great bow. I was amazed how HARD this bow shot and it had the smooth mods in. Well i was so amazed i wanted to see what the fast mods would do. I think I would prefer the fast mods, they are alittle harsher drawing and everyone likes a few more fps . Great bow!! and if i had the money right now i would have left with this bow

Browning Myst

This bow is a pretty nice bow especially for the price. Browning did a pretty good job with their forst hybrid cam. The new PSE hush kit does a pretty good job as far as noise and vibration. The back wall isnt as hard as the top of the line bows but overall im pretty impresed with it. I may end up with this bow especially if im tight for money.

theres my review

1. Bowtech Allegiance
2. Hoyt Vectrix
3.Bowtech Tribute
4. Diamond Black Ice
5.Browning Myst

I would have shot the drenaline but they didnt have one in a lefty version [8D]
Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I shot them all tonight!!

not the most in depth but you guys already have in depth one i just paraphrased andjus gave an overview of everything
Old 12-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not bad C09, not bad and not surprising, there's a reason I own the Allegiance.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the reviews. I love my 2001 q2, but it just might be time to upgrade. I'll make sure to give the bowtech a whirl (can't believe i'm saying that). I've just heard too many good things about them.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Thank's for the review c09.I think I'll try some of those bows too.I'm a lefty too with a long draw,I'll try to shoot these soon and see if we feel the same way about these.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Cougars.....I am really interested in your review(s). Yours and mine are the EXACT same. I said the Bowtech shoots "hard"....and I thought that was hard to explain. The Vectrix.....I also thought it lurched....but not nearly as bad as the Trykon did/does.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

What...no Mathews love?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got myself an Allegiance in 2005, then in 2006 a Tribute. Both areexcellent bows in their own way--but today I'm still hunting with the Allegiance.
The Tribute stays home as I'm not yet ready to retire the 05' Bowtech.
Not sure I'll buy the 07--the appearance makes it a little harder to digest.
But I'll certainly shoot it, if and when given the opportunity.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Hoefully.....I'm picking up my '07 Allegiance, today. I hope I didn't mess up. I took ALL my hardware off the Switchback, last night! I'm hunting with my Allegiance, Saturday.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went into the proshop to get my son a bow because he outgrew his other one.He picked up the ALIEGANCE.I gave him hell about cool looks not killing deer.Then i shot the bow! I had been shooting the same jennings carbon extreme for 16-16 years,and thaught it was still the hot ticket.MAN,I ordered one for him, one for me,and one for my other son.I love my aliegance.I dont go anywhere without it,And i hang it up so i can see it when i wake up in the morning.I cant shoot a group with a .22 like i can with that bow.Who needs a rifle?

Quick Reply: I shot them all tonight!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.