Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes! >

The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Default The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

If you guys have been reading my posts for a while…..you’ll know I got upset last year when I found out my neighbors had shot at LEAST 4 great deer out of the woods I hunt. I call their place “God’s Great Acre”….because ….if you believe they’re staying on JUST that ONE ACRE they own….and killing all those great deer…..then surely God himself has blessed that little piece of non-tree laden sod.

These characters hunt anywhere they want to……when they want to….with whatever weapon they want to. They’re also the ones I have a sneaky suspicion (Ya think???) stole my stand and feeder, recently.

OK….so today I start myself a new Thanksgiving tradition. I took my longbow with me to the woods this morning. Great morning….but no deer sightings. Around 8:45…..I notice something moving over my left shoulder. I can’t make it out…..but it looks like a man. That’s never happened to me. I’m the only person with permission to hunt the land I do. At least he’s safe. He has an orange stocking cap on. When he gets closer…..I see it’s the grand poobah of the great acre himself…..in full trailer trash regalia. He’s got on grey sweat pants and some sort of blue pullover. He's about 40 yds, now…..and he leans his gun against a tree. OK….so now he’s gonna take a whiz in my honey hole, right? WRONG. He slides down the sweats……squats and takes a big ol No. 2 where he’s standing. He finishes in pretty much record time…..has the wherewithal to have remembered to bring his TP. Mr Poobah wipes…..drops it….and THEN he spots me. OK….awkward moment ensues…………..

He then tells me I’m hunting on the parks land (which I’m not). He then tells me he’s gonna call the state wildlife agency….because he knows I’m not turning in and tagging all my deer (remember….I’m in full camo with a facemask and he knows not who I am from Adam). He then asks me what weapon I’m hunting with….to which I silently just held out my longbow. He said “Figures”…..”We found a dead deer down here with one of your arrows in it”. Lie. Never lost one.

So now…..after trespassing on AT LEAST three properties to get to where he now is…..what does he do? He walks DIRECTLY into the parks system and starts to leave…..going deeper in. I said….”Where are YOU now hunting”? He said he wasn’t hunting…..but that he was going to tell the owner” (which is the County of Forsyth, NC!...lol).

I’m calling the warden. Enough is enough.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Default RE: The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

That's a heart warming story right there.[:@]
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Host of Hosts

I’m calling the warden. Enough is enough.

I think that it's time.... These slob hunters need some run ins with the law to make them think twice about what they are doing. You have facts on your side. Maybe you need to get the land owner involved too. So it isn't just your word against the Poobah! The land owner need to back you up as to who's aloud to hunt his land.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

That's one of those Touchy Touchy feel good Thanksgiving stories. It would be funny if the jerk weren't so serious.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahha!! how was that akward moment for you?? lol Idk whati would have doen let us know what the game warden says though im sorta curious.

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff,

Hope it all works out for you.

Ryan.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Better hurry cause you might need to recover some DNA from the you know what
Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ya even have some DNA proof . [:'(]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

now that is a wierd thanksgiving story. right enough is enough
Old 11-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cue the banjo music...........

I had a similar story about 6yrs back with a guy who looked up at me in my stand and then pulled his shorts down and pee'd all over the tree with the posted sign on it 30 yards from my stand. This after he saw a buck heading to me and got down out of his stand illegally ON PRIVATE LAND to scare it away. I have honestly never been so mad in the woods in my life (Well maybe after I lost all my crap this season?).........Anyway.

I guess he couldn't determine scale from a distance because when i got down out of that tree (in record time I might ad) he was a touch surprised to learn he was like a 2nd grader standing next to a now very angry ME.

My exchange sort of went like this......(he actually didn't say a word)
"You bleepity, bleepin' bleephead, I am 3 seconds from bleepity bleepin your bleep right here" (You can probably figure out how the rest of that conversation went for the next full minute.)

I hope the statute of limitations is up on that one ......LOL ( I should probably go look up the definition of "Terroristic Threats")

Good luck with that one, and I wouldn't back off just because of in-breeding and fear of retailiation. People like that NEED to be put in their place or they will just make your life miserable anyway.

Quick Reply: The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.