HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/168564-kid-shot-my-deer-part-ii-gods-great-acre.html)

GMMAT 12-05-2006 06:21 AM

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

If anyone remembers my original post.....and wants to congratulate the lucky owners of the most productive deer hunting land on Earth......

I got the call, last night, that "dad" had killed another 8-pointer, yesterday morning. That's 4 bucks off this one acre. Inside spread of 13-1/2 inches.

Jeff:eek:

statjunk 12-05-2006 06:27 AM

RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

What are you waiting for?

Tom

PA Hardwoods 12-05-2006 06:28 AM

Jeff since God owns all of the land I'll be down to hunt it too. See you this weekend.;)[&:]

turtleshell 12-05-2006 06:28 AM

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Jeff since God owns all of the land I'll be down to hunt it too. See you this weekend.;)[&:]
Me too!

MichaelHunsucker 12-05-2006 06:29 AM

Alright, that might push me over the edge...

This last deer makes it almost impossible to believe that they were all killed off of one acre. If i were you i would do something about it. Doesnt look like you have any other choice.

turtleshell 12-05-2006 06:34 AM

Man they have seen more bucks on that acre in a couple days than you have all year...maybe they are just better hunters:eek:, according to some on this forum you don't kill big bucks because of luck[8D]. you have to spend all year scouting, then hunt like a madman only for the deer that you had your eye on....whatever. Jeff if you don't talk to someone about it soon they will have killed all the noce bucks on the property. Why not just drive over and talk to them?

GMMAT 12-05-2006 06:36 AM

Guys.....I've been saying all along that I've been hunting 3 deer. They've now killed 2 8-pointers and a 10-pointer off this one acre (supposedly). Admittedly....I'd never seen one of the 8-pointers. They're not showing photos of the other 2.

There are those.....even in this forum.....that would argue they're "doing it right". They've found a magical way to harvest the most mature animals in my woods....on their acre.

What do I tell the warden? I'm really at a loss. It makes everything I work for seem pointless. I really have to start to realize that my season is bow season......and then I'm done. I have no chance. I can't compete with fellow-competitors that don't play by the rules.

Not a good day......again.

Jeff

buttonbuckmaster 12-05-2006 06:38 AM

You need to do something, hunt more or find out what they are doing. If you have permission to hunt the area, get in there. If they don't....say something to them. If you are afraid of losing the ground by saying something....well, theres not much you can do, other than kill the deer before they get a chance. Who is telling you that they are killing the deer?

NEW61375 12-05-2006 06:38 AM

Do they bait on there one acre?

GMMAT 12-05-2006 06:47 AM

New.....let's look at this in the manner that's gonna give them the most benefi of the doubt. An acre is 43,560 SF. That's basically a 210x210SF area. On this acre is a house.....a barn...a driveway....a big tree.....and nothing else. Now....take all of the human scent away.....and throw all the bait you want......and try and get 3 mature bucks to enter that space.

I kept a feeder in my yard for over a year. I never saw "A" buck in that time (and I could hit a 3 iron over to this guy's house).

These guys are NOT the most savory characters in the world. I'v eNEVER had a run-in with them.....but I'm the exception to the rule. Theyve either threatened or carried through with threats on several people in our area (including property damage and physical threats). I have a wife.....a child....and these guys (grandad and dad) are former residents of the state I live in (ifyaknowwhatimean).

It's unfortunate.....to say the least.

Jeff