Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre >

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Just asking. It seems like a game warden wouldn't have much trouble busting them if he/she staked them out, ecspecially with one of those robo-deer. And from the sounds of them they probably already have a record of some sort. I hate to hear stuff like this especially when you have peoples property being damaged or attacking and causing physical harm to people. I will leave out how I feel the situation should be handled as it is not the P C answer to most problems but I don't think I could be very tolerant of these guys if they are as bad as you describe.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hunt the edge of the acre. I believe either you or Rob said it was kind of an open area. Set up a climber if possible. You will either see a buck or someone crossing property lines. They have to come from some where if they are indeed shot of that one acre, which is not likely but possible
Nontypical Buck

If they are confrontational, you will be the odd man out if you make waves. They are family, you are not. Sticky situation, hope you figure something out. Is your bow season still in?
Fork Horn

put up a fence, put some trail cams up high or give them an offer$ on that holy acre.
If there is snow on the ground use that it shouldn't be hard to see if their useing your land.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 AM

Jeff I think your best course of action is to get in contact with the warden and mention to them that you think their maybe some shady things going on. But ask him to be discreet and not to mention you at all. I have found wardens to me very cooperative when helping them catch poachers. And I would make sure I mentioned that these people have seen the inside of a prison cell. I know your in a tough spot but after reading everything in both posts I think this may be the way to go.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah....Bow season is in until the 16th (ALL seasons end, then.....for us law abiding citizens, anyways).

I'm just going to chalk this up to "unfortunate". Its unfortuate that I have to deal with this. "Sour grapes"? yes.

I simply refuse to watch them instead of hunting the way I want to hunt. If I gun hunted....there's 2 of those deer (likely) that they'd have never seen. If they hunted on land they had permission to hunt on.....they'd likely never take an animal from these woods (what's the odds of you and the deer being on that ONE cleared acre????).

This just make sme sick.

jeff

Jeff
Old 12-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the family "situation" it is definitely something the authorities should handle as you don't want to get caught in the middle ecspecially with the amount of time you have logged in on the land.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

It's a no win situation from what you've told us. You don't want to confront them. You don't want to report them. And they don't seem inclined to change. If it's that much of a pain I'd suggest moving on. Find a new spot. You're letting two yahoos ruin your hunting and dominate your life. If they were in the pen at sometime, it's quite possible they're not even suppose to be near a firearm. Move on.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why won't you confront them about it?

Sounds like a perfect robo deer situation to me. I'd be doing something. No way in hell I'm letting a bunch of poaching yahoos ruin my hunting. I dont' give a crap who they are. I'd be calling the authorities or knocking on doors or both.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

You don't want to confront them. You don't want to report them.
I realize you are mad, but if you don't want to do anything about it, you shouldn't be in here complaining about it. This might make you mad at me, but I will risk it. If you know they are doing something wrong and you turn away because you don't think you can do something...you are part of the problem. They won't stop doing what they are doing until somebody makes them stop.

Quick Reply: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.