Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre >

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

I just want to knwo what makes this deer YOUR DEER?????? Did you give birth to it, breast feed it, and raise it????I didnt think so. ITS NOT YOUR DEER!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:34 AM

Your right it's not HIS deer. In fact it's not even HIS land is it. I forgot about it not being his land. So I do think the landowner would have to get involved, and I don't see that happening. I guess it sucks when you put so much time and effort into "growing" a nice mature whitetail, only to have it shot by someone who doesn't hunt by the same rulesthat you do. I don't guess you would be complaining if they had shot three nice mature does would you?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:35 AM

ok, taking all the buck is going to far. all you can do is talk to them. if you cant beat then, join them sorta. you have to realize they are going to hunt there so ask them if they can limit the amount of bucks they take and look for more does instead. if you take it on a "lets work together approach" and realize they will hunt there, mabye you can come to a qdm agreement and everyone is happy. its just life and this is the best way of dealing with it cause any other way will just lead to trouble.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is gonna get good...
Old 12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Golly Miss Molly, let's not go there again. We've already done the deer possession bit.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Golly Miss Molly, let's not go there again. We've already done the deer possession bit.
Agreed and many of us claim the same thing. I call the deer on the property I hunt, "My deer"....when I see one laying along the road, I say, one of my deer got hit by a car. When I hear one being shot, I tell others, one of my deer got shot.

(wis bow) It's a damn figure of speech brought on by a sense of attachment by watching, passing, food plotting, hunting etc....the property next door can say that about me when I shoot one, they could say I shot one of their deer.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

gR8....If you didn't read the thread.....why would you come in here and berate me for discussing a situation you have NO IDEA of what's transpired? I invited Rob down here to hunt.....and I can tell you right now.....I could have taken deer while he was here. So could Rob. We didn't find a deer that interested us (And I'm not strictly talking about bucks).....so we didn't take any. I harvested a deer for the family I was going to donate to, last Saturday. All is well. I'll get them one more. You belittle my method of hunting.....and I don't boast as to anything. I tell you the truth. I could tag out in my first week of hunting....and I have 6 tags. Don't pretend to talk down your nose at me. You don't know me (or you wouldn't do that).

Go back and read the original thread. I think you'll realize you're barking up the wrong tree.

"MY" deer. I SPECIFICALLY put the "my" in parenthesis for a reason. It's a FIGURE OF SPEECH. I know theyre not "my" deer. I just happen to be the ONLY PERSON with permission to hunt them on the land they're getting killed on. I really don't think this is such a stretch to use a FIGURE OF SPEECH in this manner.

I DO see a lot of your points. These people have had NUMEROUS run-ins with the game warden(s). They've been fined. They've also figured out a way to beat the system.......and it's hard to prove an animal WASN'T taken from a lone acre.

I do have a wife and a son that I love. To confront them over a deer (the risk involved) isn't in my future. I'll just live with it. That doesn't mean I have to like it......hence my post. I just won't mention it, again.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

You were so confident in this area that you had team-mates drive down and were openly saying how you were gonna donate the meat to needy families. You had the meat given away before you even were in the bush..cocky to say the least! Only after asking permission to bring an outsider in to hunt, and having that permission denied, did the plan change.

It does have the ring of sour grapes..sorry just my opinion. These deer are not your deer, or my deer, or the neighbors deer, they are just deer. A legal and hunt-able asset put here by God above.

Perhaps if the neighbors are taking the nice deer off the land, then next year you will find out what working for a deer is..you may have to scout some land, gain new permissions, place stands etc..instead of just walking 225 yards (my 3 iron distance) out the back door, to the deer watching stand!

Again sorry if you take this bad, maybe I don't have all the details..but 1 post can pass by without comment and written off as venting..a second cries out as jealousy.
GR8....Please tell me how the "plans change" has anything to do with my story, above. Please....go ahead and say what you want.

Deer ARE a legal and huntable asset given by God. BUT...the landowner gives the permission to hunt them in a legal manner. If you're there, illegally, hey shouldn't be HUNTABLE.

So now you're going to tell me I don't know how to work hard to hunt the deer I do. All this...and you have NO IDEA of what I put into this passion. That's rich.

Why should I have to scout new land and gain new permission when everything "I'm" doing is legal and ethical......just to make way for the opposite? this is like saying the guy who hunts YOUR land at night has figured out a method that is superior to yours.....and that you'd better figure out how to take the bucks you're after in a more superior method to his. Otherwise...."sour grapes" when he spotlights and kills the deer you're after.

I said he neighbor's property was a 3-iron distance......I didn't say I hunted, there. He don't, either. Yes. I walk to a lot of places I hunt. Yes. It's cool being able to do so. No. Don't be a hater.

Am I "jealous" of these guys? Hardly.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Ok I didn't read all of part 1 so forgive if this has been addressed
First off I didn't say I didn't read it ..I said I didn't read it all. That is every reply and answer, I read your initial statement which obviously you felt was the most important part or you would not have opened with it!

You belittle my method of hunting
How or when do I do that? I know nothing of your hunting other than what you tell us. I think it's great to have a honey hole. My statement was if all the bigs bucks are gone you may have to start over on fresh land. Thats always harder than going the known route.

You don't know me (or you wouldn't do that).
This is the second time you've made attempts to "call me out" on this board. My friend, I'm grown..your internet threats do not intimidate me nor would your presence in the real world. I find pursuing this avenue childish.

this is like saying the guy who hunts YOUR land at night has figured out a method that is superior to yours.....and that you'd better figure out how to take the bucks you're after in a more superior method to his. Otherwise...."sour grapes" when he spotlights and kills the deer you're after.
I didn't see where you had proof that anything illegal was going on, it just seems you made that assumption since they were killing "your" bucks.

and yes I understand the "my" deer statement. But the repeated use of the term makes the sour grape statement, plausable.

SB, I don't know if "we" have a problem and if we do..I won't loose any sleep over it. Yes, I made a BAD joke on your heart felt thread about your Dog. A statement that once I saw you took it wrong, I immediatly apologized via PM.
But brother you are very open..you come on the board and air every detail of your hunting life and some of your personal stuff also. We try and pick you up when we can. I'm not saying that this sharing of your inner self is bad, if thats your way. But dammit when someone disagrees or has a thought that doesn't agree with you, you seem to lose it. The threats fly and the chest pounding begins.
I mean, I know going in, that when I post something about a situation, the kind of responses i'll get, some will agree, some won't. If you just want a bunch of guys saying "me too" and "I agree" why make a post. It's the differring views that make it a DISCUSSION board. If you don't want input or replies may I suggest starting a diary.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I said....and I'll say it clearly.....

Don't pretend to talk down your nose at me. You don't know me or you wouldn't do that.

We're on an internet hunting forum. I do NOTHING related to hunting (or otherwise, to my knowledge)that would give anyone the right to talk down to me. I'm also a man....and no man deserves to speak to me in that (condescending)manner.I feel the same way you do. It's not chest pounding. It's being a man. I have a rule when discussing items on the internet. I won't say anything on here I wouldn't say to your face. I only ask for the same consideration. If you misunderstand something I say......just ask. I'll tell you. I'm not trying to be confrontational when I say this....i'm just stating a policy that we'd all be good to follow.

If you honestly belive that 4 bucks (3 being older and mature) can be harvested off the lone acre I described above.....then how do I argue with that??? I just find it hard to believe.....and based on the family history.....I'd say my doubts hold merit.

I agree that I either need to get the authorities involved.....or let it go. I've taken the advice given.

Maybe we'll run into each other at one of these internet get-togethers and learn more about each other. Sounds fun, huh?

Jeff

Quick Reply: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.