Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre >

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Old 12-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Why won't you confront them about it?

Sounds like a perfect robo deer situation to me. I'd be doing something. No way in hell I'm letting a bunch of poaching yahoos ruin my hunting. I dont' give a crap who they are. I'd be calling the authorities or knocking on doors or both.
I agree with this 100%!!!!!! The warden isn't going to come to you about it or read your posts about it on here! Time to step up! Call the warden and let him know the situation or like others said, Move on!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

threatened or carried through with threats on several people in our area (including property damage and physical threats). I have a wife.....a child....and these guys (grandad and dad) are former residents of the state I live in (ifyaknowwhatimean).

It's unfortunate.....to say the least.

Jeff
You deal with people like this in a private permanant manner or you don't deal with them at all. So the question you have to ask yourself is this peice of hunting property worth your freedom and time with your family. Also it isn't like you don't get to hunt it! In addition this isn't about hunting this is about antlers. You probably could take all kinds of deer out of there but you want head gear.

So I'm going to just say your problem is pretty much solved.

Tom
Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 AM

Two bucks have been killed on the property next to me this year. One buck scored 181. The other scored over 200. Last year someone killed a 170 class buck on the same land. My dad saw a buck and someone else seen it too and said it could have been a 200 class buck.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 AM

The game warden also told a few people he seen a buck at night eating in a field that could possibly be a world record.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter222

The game warden also told a few people he seen a buck at night eating in a field that could possibly be a world record.

I was thinking the same thing.......with "night" being the key word. Call the Game Warden brother. I may even go further and call the police as well and let them know you may have felons (depending onwhat their rapsheet looks like)with guns as neighbors. Last time I checked convicted felons can't be in possession of firearms let alone have a hunting liscense. If you're lucky they'll have a felony conviction and your problem will be solvedwhen theyback to theclinkwhen the officers find firearms on their premises. I know, this may be a little extreme, but if my family was close to these &^&*%^$%##%........ I'd be making some phone calls to someone.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VA5326

I was thinking the same thing.......with "night" being the key word. Call the Game Warden brother. I may even go further and call the police as well and let them know you may have felons (depending onwhat their rapsheet looks like)with guns as neighbors. Last time I checked convicted felons can't be in possession of firearms let alone have a hunting liscense. If you're lucky they'll have a felony conviction and your problem will be solvedwhen theyback to theclinkwhen the officers find firearms on their premises. I know, this may be a little extreme, but if my family was close to these &^&*%^$%##%........ I'd be making some phone calls to someone.
Bad guys don't play by the rules. I would highly advise against any strategy like this.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Tom
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I didn't read all of part 1 so forgive if this has been addressed..But my question is how do you know they are doing anything illegal? Just because they are putting mature deer down, and you are not?
You state that you work hard for the chance..whats hard about going out on a few acre honey hole and watching deer pass by and deciding what too shoot and what not to shoot?

You were so confident in this area that you had team-mates drive down and were openly saying how you were gonna donate the meat to needy families. You had the meat given away before you even were in the bush..cocky to say the least! Only after asking permission to bring an outsider in to hunt, and having that permission denied, did the plan change.

It does have the ring of sour grapes..sorry just my opinion. These deer are not your deer, or my deer, or the neighbors deer, they are just deer. A legal and hunt-able asset put here by God above.

Perhaps if the neighbors are taking the nice deer off the land, then next year you will find out what working for a deer is..you may have to scout some land, gain new permissions, place stands etc..instead of just walking 225 yards (my 3 iron distance) out the back door, to the deer watching stand!

Again sorry if you take this bad, maybe I don't have all the details..but 1 post can pass by without comment and written off as venting..a second cries out as jealousy.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's a no win situation from what you've told us. You don't want to confront them. You don't want to report them. And they don't seem inclined to change. If it's that much of a pain I'd suggest moving on. Find a new spot. You're letting two yahoos ruin your hunting and dominate your life. If they were in the pen at sometime, it's quite possible they're not even suppose to be near a firearm. Move on.
Don't sound like an idiot with that post Dave.

Theyve either threatened or carried through with threats on several people in our area (including property damage and physical threats). I have a wife.....a child....and these guys (grandad and dad) are former residents of the state I live in (ifyaknowwhatimean).

Sounds like your not the only one afraid of them. Guess they'll do what they want when they want.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 AM

If in fact they are doing something illegal then your options are to:

A-Talk to a warden about it
or
B-Stop complaining

Sorry, but telling us about it isn't going to solve the problem. If you don't want get LE involved, then you are not going to get anywhere complaining. I wish you the best of luck, because if it were my neighbors, I would be very angry. But I would also go to the proper authorities about it.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

The one thing SBGoobers has going against him, probably, is that in most states the Landowner has to make the complaint to the law. They usually don't listen to sour grapes if the landowner won't back it up. Sounds like the land owner knows but doesn't want to get involved either.

Quick Reply: Kid shot "my" deer - Part II .. God's Great Acre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.