Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need expandables >

i need expandables

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need expandables

Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need expandables

Wow! What a post-evolution!
Will this ever end!?
Good luck.....mechs or not! Let's gohuntin'!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm hunting tomorrow morning.....with my inferior mechanicals.....because I'm too lazy and inexperienced to tune my bow, properly.

Kinda just kidding.......but I started out shooting Thunderheads......and I know from replacing blades that I'm just as confident in the expandables as I was in them.

We're soon gonna find out.....

Jeff
Old 09-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taking far shots with a wide mechanical is a huge mistake.Once you get out to 50-60 yards you start to lose a bunch of much needed KE.I've used them with success over the years and never lost an animal.However,I've sheared enough blades to realize that there's really no practical advantage to them.Shoot a well tuned bow,use good form and put a good fixed blade in the vitals.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Well, im back... its been a few days becuase ive been busy with a few things, but im back.. i just finished reading all the posts that have been posted since i was here last and beleive it or not, all the arugments back and forth about mechanicals and the points you've all made about them (good or bad) have been helpfull and i will keep them all in my mind when i get the extra money and go to gander mountain and pick out a set.. as far as my third post on THIS thread.. not MY thread.. THIS thread (lol) im sorry once again, i jumped the gun and didnt think fully into what i was saying or what he had said, good luck to you all this season.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I'm hunting tomorrow morning.....with my inferior mechanicals.....because I'm too lazy and inexperienced to tune my bow, properly.

Jeff
Jeff, I hope you didn't take my post that way. I don't feel mechanicals are inferior, well most and I'm not against them, anymore. They've come a long way, in fact, the last 5 seasons I've used Rocky Mountain Snypers (2 blade expandable) with fantastic results, in fact, they put larger holes in the 4 bucks I've shot with them then Muzzys and I used Muzzys for 10 plus years.

My post was meant that fixed blade heads will and do fly just as true as any mechanical even out to longer distances and I'll stand behind that. It just takes time and effort so for me, the only excuse to use a mechanical is for cutting diameter. Too many people use them because they won't or don't know how to tune a bow for fixed blade heads, not that your one of them but you know what I mean.

Even a mechanical out of a untuned bow won't perform as it should for optimal penetration and accuracy. I don't care what broadhead anyone uses, use it out of a perfectly tuned bow with matched arrows so one doesn't have bad experiences.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled broad cast.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Relax, ROb......my post was meant "tongue in cheek".

But if ya wanna fight about it......lol

Jeff

(I'm huntin in the mornin.....what are you doin?????)
Old 09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL, I might lay a blood trail for my pup to follow for training, might stain the gable ends of my log house, other odd chores...rub it in, my season starts Sept. 30th.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip820

Well, im back... its been a few days becuase ive been busy with a few things, but im back.. i just finished reading all the posts that have been posted since i was here last and beleive it or not, all the arugments back and forth about mechanicals and the points you've all made about them (good or bad) have been helpfull and i will keep them all in my mind when i get the extra money and go to gander mountain and pick out a set.. as far as my third post on THIS thread.. not MY thread.. THIS thread (lol) im sorry once again, i jumped the gun and didnt think fully into what i was saying or what he had said, good luck to you all this season.
Hey its good to see ya back! Don't worry about the sorrys, All us were new at once and have to feel people out and learn the ropes. Like I said before its the best forum out here and a great group of guys, PLay your cards right and you will be loaded with info after a while.