HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i need expandables (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/154864-i-need-expandables.html)

Flip820 09-04-2006 11:30 AM

i need expandables

I would be intrested to see if any of you had some extra expandables laying around that you wouldnt mind giving up for a price, i want to try expandables but id much rather try a couple used ones before i went out and spent money on brand new ones.. please contact me if you've be willing to cut a deal. thanks

mobow 09-04-2006 12:04 PM

RE: i need expandables

Not to be synical, but I have a question.......Why?? You hunting turkeys alot?

Flip820 09-04-2006 09:15 PM

yes i hunt turkey alot, as well as i hunt whitetail alot, is there an issue with that? if so get off my message board, thank you.

Hotburn76 09-04-2006 09:23 PM

Its always nice seeing newbies learning the ropes!

Dubbya 09-04-2006 09:27 PM

mobow is a very well respected member, and I don't know that telling him to get your message board on your 6th post is the best way to get results. I think he was asking a valid question.

Tarheel_Hunter 09-04-2006 09:47 PM

Wow...that's pleasant!
If you're hell-bent on trying expandables/mechanicals, go to eBay or just spring for the $25 and buy some Snypers (which, by the way, are excellent mechanical broadheads).
Better yet, stick with Slick Tricks or Magnus Stingers (Buzz Cuts).
Either way...good luck.

Flip820 09-04-2006 10:03 PM

i can see that he's a highly respected member on the site, but as far as my reply to his post goes, i wasnt expecting anyone to ask me WHY im intrested in trying mechanicals or expandables or if i hunt turkey alot, i simply asked if anyone had some they'd be willing to give up, and you;re right ebay is a great option and if i was 18 id go there deffinetly, but being 17 for the next 6 months leaves my options short and i dont have 80 extra bucks to go spend on broadheads that i dont even know if ill like or dislike.. whome ever i offended in this post im sorry, bye.

ICALL2MUCH 09-04-2006 11:52 PM

Its none of by business, but MY opinion is to stay with broaheads....but having said that, I have some expandables I will sell......the things suck IMO....

wis_bow_huntr 09-05-2006 05:55 AM

Hmmmm.......not sure about this flip820 character. For one im not sure why he would want to go to expandables???personally I think they suck and have mixed results. Theres always that 1% when they wont open on a good shot only to wound the game.

Flip theres no reason to be defensive on this site. Thoes like me who have been here for 3 or more years have many years of hunting and knowledge under our belts and are more than happy to help you out in anyway we can within our ability. Mobow is a very respected hunter and member of this board and can be very very helpful. lemme rephrase that. IS VERY VERY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGABLE>>>>is that how its spelled mobow?

labhunter 09-05-2006 06:03 AM

Wow... Flip is a fitting name... Fist of all this is not your msg board. This is a open forum... MOBO... I think this kid should go hang outside the wall mart and see is he can con someone intobuyinghim some broadheads... But I bet he could not even ask nicely.

ORIGINAL: Flip820

yes i hunt turkey alot, as well as i hunt whitetail alot, is there an issue with that? if so get off my message board, thank you.