HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i need expandables
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: i need expandables

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I'm hunting tomorrow morning.....with my inferior mechanicals.....because I'm too lazy and inexperienced to tune my bow, properly.

Jeff
Jeff, I hope you didn't take my post that way. I don't feel mechanicals are inferior, well most and I'm not against them, anymore. They've come a long way, in fact, the last 5 seasons I've used Rocky Mountain Snypers (2 blade expandable) with fantastic results, in fact, they put larger holes in the 4 bucks I've shot with them then Muzzys and I used Muzzys for 10 plus years.

My post was meant that fixed blade heads will and do fly just as true as any mechanical even out to longer distances and I'll stand behind that. It just takes time and effort so for me, the only excuse to use a mechanical is for cutting diameter. Too many people use them because they won't or don't know how to tune a bow for fixed blade heads, not that your one of them but you know what I mean.

Even a mechanical out of a untuned bow won't perform as it should for optimal penetration and accuracy. I don't care what broadhead anyone uses, use it out of a perfectly tuned bow with matched arrows so one doesn't have bad experiences.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled broad cast.