Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 favorite climber??? >

favorite climber???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite climber???

Old 07-21-2006, 03:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: favorite climber???

"To get up a tree with one piece is very easy. Even easier when getting down. You just shimmy up by hugging the tree and pulling your legs up. I tell you I feel much more secure hugging that tree. To get down on most trees (12" in diameter)I do a fireman slide to the bottom. I can climb trees from 18" down to 8". Like I said why would you want two pieces verses one? "

LOL I don't think I'll be going that route, besides what aboutwear and tear on my clothes, and building up some powerful heat for another and then there's the rain, snow and ice. I suppose I could do the same with my stand just sit or stand on the base when the height was obtained.I don't think I'll be doing it, but the thought that it can be done is good to have in a pinch.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Spike

I bought a Summit Cobra last year and immediately returned it: to bulky and heavy.

I then bought the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. I love the light weight and compact carry size. The comfort leaves something to be desired (a seat modification helped) and the concept of "hand climbing" is too gymnastic for me, but I developed a method of ascending/descending using the straps to lift/lower the platform and that worked well.

I may spring for the Lone Wolf "sit 'n climb" upper portion to be used with the lower platform that I already have: this would likely be easier still to ascend/descend.

Overall, I am extremely well-pleased with the Lone Wolf.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

I've used the Buckshot Bigshot for years and love it. It is a little heavy but I think it sets up quickly and locks very solidly to the tree.You can hunt facing the tree or back to the tree. Very comfortable, can stay in tree all day. I'm thinking of moving up to the Buckshot Mannum, it has a little more room. I am also looking at the Equilizer,my brother got one last year and loves it.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Summit Bushmaster... the name speaks for itself