Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 favorite climber??? >

favorite climber???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite climber???

Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: favorite climber???

Summitt Viper for the Arrowmaster
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Cobra XLS.......I love climbing in the Viper or Goliath but like bowhunting out of the Cobra better due to the lack of the bar.
Ditto, exactly.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:34 AM

Summit Goliath
Old 07-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

API grand slam shooting star.
I've got a summitI can't stand.

A couple of years ago I passed a deal on an old man vision that was on end of season discount. Still kick myself for missing that deal.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Host of Hosts

My Summit Viper, hands down
Same Here!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

original old man!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Spike

I like my Loggy climber. It is a older model (can't recall model), but it can be adjusted while climbing. Its great while climbing trees that taper. I would like to find a climber for my 13 year old son. The Loggy Transformer looks ideal @ only 18 lbs. Any experience out there?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:06 AM

Fieldmouse,
I've never used a one piece climber. The reason I prefer a two piece is because mine folds flat like a one piece, is still lighter than a one piece loggy(at least the ones I can see on their website), i don't have to hold up my weight - just support it on the seat, by using a second piece to climb my knees are farther from the tree so i canbring my knees up furtherand manipulate the stand around obstructions on the tree easily, i don't have to hug wet trees on rainy or snowy days, i canuse stabilizer staps to tighten the bottom and top together to make a very stable stand, i can adjust the height of the seat and adjust the angle depending on what i prefer for a particular tree. also whether or not a climber is one or two pieces, there are other things people look at when buying a climber that has nothing to do with the # of pieces, like construction, how quiet they think it will be, types of belts, adjustability, added features(leveling, bow holders, etc..), size of seat and platform, etc... I think there are alot of reasons and different things to look at besides the # of pieces to the stand. so for some i think it would be easy to "prove" that for them a two piece of one brand or anotheris better.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper even though I wish now that I would have gotten a Goliath.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Shaky,

Thanks for the reply. I can tell you only one point you brought up was the downside. The hugging wet trees. I can't say I never thought about. It has never been an issue though, just a thought and it's the only reason I use a belt when climbing. The rest I've never had an issue on unless I miss judge the taper. Can't say it hasn't happened. I still have the capabilty to correct it after I'm at my hunting height and in my area you need to be 30+ high due to the number of deer. It's very easy to do. On the flip side I have used mine as a lock-on in certain backyards.

Quick Reply: favorite climber???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.