Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need a climber! >

I need a climber!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a climber!

Old 12-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default I need a climber!

Hello,
I am hoping to get some good opinions here. I am looking to purchase a climber. It seems that Summit is a favorite brand around here and I have pretty much settled on either the Broadhead or the Viper X4. I am concerned about the Viper's rail getting in the way for bowhunting and am worried about the Broadheads folding joints making more noise. Any opinions??

Any other brand / model opinions greatly apprecited.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need a climber!

Personally, i use an Ole man. They are quiet and extremely comfortable.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have owned three summits and they are great stands, now i use nothing but ole man, as stated above they are very quiet and they are the most comfortable climber i've ever used, in all fairness i have never tried a tree lounge and have not used any of the new summits, they look very nice and i don't think you'd be unhappy with either choice.

i'm with pa trophy on the ole man stuff though, i've done some of my best sleeping in mine
Old 12-02-2004, 04:19 PM

if you can find a loggy bayou pick up one of those. it really is a different design from all the others. im sure if they are still in buisness. but i love mine. it climbs like all the others, ole man, summit.....but once you get to where you want to be in the tree, there is a seat that folds up and locks in place by springloaded buttons. the top of the seat is then strapped to the tree with a really strong cam lock. once your strapped in, it is essesntially a hang on stand...you can lean in all different directions, perch yourself in a less than favorable tree....or just use it as a regular hang on stand. it is really versitile and durable, my father has had his for 15 years with no problem....last week in fact he converted to the cam lock system that is on my newer one. if the platform was slightly larger you could do cartwheels in it b/c it is so sturdy. i have always wondered why no other stands are made like the loggys. sometimes when i am hunting from the ground i will leave the climbing aid at home and hang it a foot off the ground so i have a comfortable seat+keep my scent off the ground. oh, it is super compact on your back and light too. hope that helps
Bob
Old 12-02-2004, 04:22 PM

I have the Summit Viper XLS and I love it. It is very comfortable, quiet, and easy to setup. The rail does not get in the way of a shot unless it is right underneath you. I would never purchase a stand that does not have a front bar. It makes me feel more secure. (As if the stand isn't already secure enough!)
Old 12-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I love my loggy and all of my freinds use it for the compact, secure stand that it is.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a viper this season and have found that the rail has not caused me any problems. I was worried at first but you can adjust the seat hieght to where it is low enough that when you stand up it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're not shooting straight down.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:35 PM

I bought a Viper X4 this year and I love it. The rail doesn't get in the way at all, just need to set platform height high enough to clear when shooting from it. It is also very quiet during climbing and attaching to the tree, takes only about a minute to hook up to tree. Very, very comfortable for a long sit in the woods. The Summit is a good chioce.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 PM

Maybe this will answer your question. Old man climbing stand with out a doubt. Quiet comfortable and easy to pack in and out.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:30 AM
voz
Fork Horn

I bought a Summit Cobra X4 this year and I really like it. I was shocked at how comfortable it was. There was some confusion at first (on my part) Tha t you can hunt with the bar in the down position...I can't because the bar sits on my lap. The bar is only for climbing.

I think this is a great stand.

Quick Reply: I need a climber!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.