Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

12.5 lb climber

Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM

Default 12.5 lb climber

Does anyone have any experience with the Timber Tall climber, baby lite model? They look decent enough, very expensive though. Thoughts?
http://www.timbertalloutdoors.com/babylite.htm
Old 11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 12.5 lb climber

I have never used one nor do i know anyone who has, however i bought a Lone Wolf Climber this year and i love it. It is extremely lightweight and very quiet. It runs just a little over 300 and is worth every penny.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 12.5 lb climber

I have the legend lite (14 pds)
I posted some neg remarks about it, do to the noise it could make setting up. since then I have done some simple mods and now it is the quietest stand of My 4 (feather lite, 2 summits)

Only problem is the legend lite is a little tight on the seat frame, not a problem early season, but once the insulated coveralls go on, I take the summit.

I love how quiet it is to set up now, and the ease of set up, The cable adjustment is a "cant do without", and the weight and small size makes it a great "scout" stand.

I just is not as comfy as the summit viper, If I know exacly what tree I am going in, and know there is a good path there, and I am going to be sitting a while, I take the viper.

I plan to sew up My own seat ( or have some one do it), the stock seat is just to thin and gets uncomfy after an hour or 2, also I plan on "wrapping" the side rails with some tape material so I can wear insulated coveralls and not worry about zipper rub on metal.

It is My top stand till it gets cold out, then the summit just has more room.

Nick