Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blinds

Old 06-18-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Ground Blinds

I bought a Double Bull blind a couple of years ago, but I've only hunted out of it about ten times. NO LUCK in it at all. I'm probably not doing something right, as a buddy got the same blind and he's killed a couple of deer and some turkey out of it.

Here is the question? Do you use one, if so, which one and tell me, or us, about your setup so I can prepare for the upcoming season.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Ground Blinds

I have a Matrix. For turkeys, just set the thing up and hunt out of it. It doesn't matter at all, well, as long as you're in an area w/ birds. That always helps.

For deer, leave the net down and brush the blind in a little. ESPECIALLY the roof. You've got to get that hard horizontal roof line broken up. Now, some people say to set the blind up weeks in advance so the deer "get used to it." Now, I'm not so sure about that, I've set mine up and had deer walk right by it an hour later. Just make sure you break it up and set it up somewhere the deer won't be surprised by it...ie, on a bend in a road. If they walk around the corner and BLAMO.....! there's the blind, they're gonna bolt.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ground Blinds

I have a T5 that my wife got for me years ago and I really like it.
Its in Peditor deception camo and when use itI'll set it up against some thick brush and then put some limbs all around it even on the roof to break it up and blend it in.
It works real good for me I have shot a few deer and one turkey out of it so far.
Don't forget to spray down with some sent killer or cover sent inside and out it works for me.
Good luck and happy hunting.