Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tick question?

Old 04-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tick question?

fl huntress,I remember now you posting about this last season.I'm sorry to hear this.heres a picture of the tick on the back of my head I'll Try again I'm not to good at this[]
Old 04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

i got the pic to work....that's a bigger one than the ones my husband got into but not long ago he got one like that one and ended up going back to the doctors....they put him back on antibiotics again.....the thing with my husband is that we didn't catch it early...if it's not taken care of immediately it will get ugly....very ugly and it's extremely hard to cure...if you can cure it at all.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

nope this didn't work![:@]one more time Heres a link http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/drstalker/tick.jpg
Old 04-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe that is a deer tick on your head....

Looks like a common wood tick to me.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

I think your right Antler eater.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

...But if I had any tick attached to me for more than two days I would get checked out...You have nothing to lose and much to gain in doing so.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that looks like a plain old woodtick. Deer ticks are surprisingly really small. Not much bigger than the period at the end of this sentence. I work outside in the bush everyday and find several woodticks on me daily. When I saw a deertick I was shocked at it's size even knowing they were extremely smal to begin with. Doctor also said I you can contact it when you were young and just know showing symptoms. It's not always textbook and the bullseye rash is not 100% guaranteed but present more than not. IF you have any concern get tested before it effects you seriously. It's no joke and CAN happen to any of you!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Spike

yes they havea shot for dogs for lime
Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 AM

There is a lot of misinformation and misidentification out there when it comes to ticks and their diseases. Everyone would be better off if they searched for ticks on the net and read everything they could find. I was eaten up by tiny ticks a couple years ago (turned out to be seed ticks) nymphs of the regular dog tick I believe, but a lot of folks think they are actually deer ticks. I cannot stress enough how well permithrin will protect you from ticks. It is a wonderful product. DO NOT SPRAY IT ON YOUR SKIN!! It only goes on your clothes and last for up to 2 weeks and through 2 washings I believe. Did You Know? A university did some research on ticks and they held one under 35degree water for 6 months and when they let it up, it warmed up and started searching for food? They are very hardy creatures indeed.