Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your fastest hunt? >

Whats your fastest hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your fastest hunt?

Old 08-09-2005, 11:19 AM

Default RE: Whats your fastest hunt?

it was my second year bowhunting (two years ago) and it was after school and i was headin out to go hunting. i was riding my fourwheeler out to one of my stands and it was blowing and snowing and miserable, so i decided i wouldnt hunt and ride back to the house. so i was on the wheeler for five minutes and i look and i see three does standing in the brush about 50 yards away. i jump off the 4wheeler and stalk close enough to get a shot and double lung one of em. she ran 40 yards and cashed in.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Quickest would be one morning I woke up to go arrow a doe. I woke up at my cabin late and when I was walking out to my truck I saw a doe walking along a fence line that lead next to my cabin. crouched down behind some shinry and when she walked past I arrowed her. Didnt even have a chance to drink my coffee. I went back in, took a short nap, and at about 8:30, went and found her.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

With a rifle, my shortest SEASON was about 20mins. Shot a nice 4pt 20min into opening morning. Also shot a buck last rifle season before the sun was up ... maybe a 25min hunt ... but it was the 2nd day[8D]!

With a bow, my shortest hunt would be about 2hrs .. of course that includeda littlescouting (I knew the general area that I wanted a stand), hanging a stand, going back to camp to clean up and change, getting back to the stand and shooting a doe. Time in the stand was maybe 40mins tops. She did the 40yd dash and crashed mid-stride. Wish more of them would work out like that!

... Shockwave
Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two years ago I was hunting our farm in WV. The first morning I went in just at daylight so I could find a stand my grandpa hung for me. When I saw the stand and hopped up on the bank to walk to the stand I saw a buck. He was eating right at the stand. I drew back and shot him.

The next evening I climbed in my ladder stand at 3:00. As I was pulling my bow up to me a six point came charging in. I had to wait for him to turn but I pulled my bow up and shot him. He was dead at 3:04. I hunted a total of 4 minutes those two days and had two bucks.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:21 PM

I climbed the tree, pulled my bow up and reached to my pack to get my release, when I turned around there was doe standing there..... I eased an arrow out and drilled her..... It was great!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My quickest deer hunt was about20 min and that was mostly because of walking. It was late Oct. in PA and I was out with the 12ga doing some small game hunting. While sitting at the base of a tree waiting on some squirrels I heard a rustling of leaves about 50 yards down the trail. I could make out that the deer was a buck. I slipped out of the woods and hoofed it back to my car and swapped my gun for my bow and hustled back. No sooner did I get to the base of my tree again he started working his way towards me. He gave me a good broadside shot at 14 yards and I got a nice double lung pass through. He went about 30 yards and piled up.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:05 AM

about 25 minutes ofr me.