Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your fastest hunt? >

Whats your fastest hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your fastest hunt?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats your fastest hunt?

2002-I was in my stand for one hour when an 8-pointer came straight for me. It wasn't a short day, though. Gut , drag, hang up for pictures, the guys who heard the shot come back to see the buck, Icall my wife and some friends, then we have to start skinning or take it to the butcher shop. If he's nice - skin and right to the taxidermy man. Then wecut out the T-loins/backstraps and grind the rest. I love sausage. I process my deer right after I shot it.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:33 PM

Youth only spring turkey season, April 9, 2005. We had plans to go to a buddy's farm in southern MO. Well, as sometimes happens, Brian had a late night. He is a paramedic, and was running calls most of the night. Austen and I went locally here, but saw nothing. Finally, Brian calls and by 10 we are on our way. We pulled in the driveway of the farm at 12:15, pulled out the shotgun, threw on our camo, and left the truck at 12:30. Season ends for the day here at 1:00, but we thought we would just make a run down the ridge and see what's up.
I did some cutting, and an immediate gobble. He was above us, so we ran uphill to get at least level with him. I cut again, he gobbled. I looked left, and there he was on full strut a mere 30 yards away. We knelt down where we were, and at 12:38 the shot rang out. Season over after only 8 minutes!!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:50 PM

Well, I'm going to exclude drives on this one..And I've killed a pile of deer of them too..hmm...well, one time i was covering an escape route off a ridge when my cousin and uncle trailed a wounded buck. I laid down in the corn stubble on the bottom of the valley where i could watch the hillside. After 10 minutes, i saw movement. I had a doe and 3 fawns come to the point of almost running me over before i dropped the doe at 9 paces.

I had one morning go by where i sat 4 1/2 hours without seeing a single deer. All opening morning. I was drinking the last drop of my Gatorade before i left when i heard running and suddenly had 2 does and 3 fawns trot past with a fork horn and a basket 7 hot on their heels. The two bucks were all rutted up and didn't see me pop up above the burlap side of my ground blind in a downed tree top and the bullet struck the 7 square in the cest as he ran towards me uphill. it knocked him back down into the ditch and that was it. that was probably the most worthwhile wait i've ever had, that and the doe i shot with a bow last year.

slayer
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

My fastest came while bowhunting 3 years ago, I was late getting home from school that day and as i walked into my standI spooked 2 doe that were standing right under my stand so I climber up and set my bow on the seat and reached up to tie my saftey harness and there he was 20 yards away,a nice 6 point obviously trailing the does (it was nov. 6th) so I think I was in the stand for about 15 seconds before i saw him and had the shot off within 3 minutes.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

last year i walked out to my stand and there was a doe 15 yards from it so i nocked an arrow and double lunged her .She ran 25 yards stopped looked back and dropped .The hunt lasted a minute
Old 08-06-2005, 05:44 AM

Two years ago my buddy got a 6 after hunting for 15 minutes.Talking about at work I told him that never happens for me.I usually have to be out 2-4 hours before I get a shot.A week later I got out but it was only gonna be a quick evening hunt.When I got to my stand I saw movement and then antler.He was heading right for me so I nocked an arrow and double lunged him at 6 steps.Left the house at 4:20 drove,walked in,shot,tracked and drove back by 4:45.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a yote at about 55 mph once!!! Got to lead them the other way then.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

went out to a farm about 15 miles from where I use to live in pa, hung a loc on on a ridge, grunted a few times and 30 mins into the hunt a nice six comes walking by. I draw, shoot and he goes down 30 yds away. all said and done, about 45 mins.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:09 AM

MY first deer and buck was shot on stand 20 minutes after arriving. The best part was 10 minutes later I shotmy 2ndbuck out of the same stand andboth deer died 20 yards apart from each other. I ended taking the cape off one and the antlers off the other for my first mount.I radioed my father n law and when he arrived back I showed him the first deer and then the 2nd deer and from then on I was hooked.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 falls back I was walking to my stand from the truck.
10 feet into the woods I saw 5 or 6 deer walking tward me so I kneeled next to a log.
A few min later they stoped 20' away staring at my truck.
I picked a fat doe and shot her .
She ran into the feild and I was able to drive next to her .
I took her home ( 1/2 mile) and hung her and gutted her .
Total time was 45 min or so

Johnch

Quick Reply: Whats your fastest hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.