Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour

Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Under Armour

I have not used it yet myself but have rather used similar products under the Cabelas name. There is a small street side stand in a neighboring town which is selling Under Armor clothing for $10 a piece. It looks like I might need to stop by and see what they have. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr
There is a small street side stand in a neighboring town which is selling Under Armor clothing for $10 a piece. It looks like I might need to stop by and see what they have. Thanks for the info guys.

Better make sure that stuff doesn't burn you when you put it on cuz it's either hot or counterfeit.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have not used it, but my son uses it for football. Says its the best thing in cold weather, but he is also runnin around all game. So I couldnt tell ya.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:49 PM

The ColdGear UnderArmour works great. The only thing I've noticed is that if you put it on and do a lot of hiking when it's at least 30 degrees, you'll sweat your arse off. The material never lets you get cold, but you're still wet and sweaty underneath. On the flip side, if you can take your time during the hike, the material keeps you dry AND warm. I like it.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

The ColdGear UnderArmour works great. The only thing I've noticed is that if you put it on and do a lot of hiking when it's at least 30 degrees, you'll sweat your arse off. The material never lets you get cold, but you're still wet and sweaty underneath. On the flip side, if you can take your time during the hike, the material keeps you dry AND warm. I like it.
I thought it was suppose to keep you dry???

When I go hunting I have to walk steep mountains to get to my stand. It's not that it is a long walk, just steep. I always sweat and thats what makes me not hunt as long as I want.

Decisions decisions...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:09 PM

I thought it was suppose to keep you dry???
It does keep you dry, but your outer layers get pretty saturated with moisture if you get overheated.